LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

TSP Motor build

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up TSP Motor build

I have had the motor now for 5 days and I wanted to post up my experience with TSP. Long post but please read.

I initially called 6-7 sponsors about building a solid roller 408. 4 companies caught my attention with what they said and I asked for "build sheets" from 3 of them. All three were fairly close in cost but there was two companies that stood out for various reasons. Rapid Motorsports and Texas Speed. I called both and spoke to them both for a long time and I have to say there was one thing that made me settle on Texas Speed. After talking to Jason for probably 20-30 minutes about what I was looking for I could hear the excitement in his voice about building the motor. He made me feel like he was as excited about the motor as I was. (Mikey was great to dont take this as a hit on him)

The motor is pretty "one off". There is nothing really standard about the build so it took quite a while especially the heads that we went with. Despite the delays with the heads Jason made me feel like they had things under control. I called them about 2-3 weeks ago with a short deadline and they got the motor together and out the door in about 2 weeks. Again there were all kinds of clearance and machining problems that made the build time impressive.

Not to mention the fact he next day air somethings and Saturday delievered some things to help me get the motor ready to run by the end of the 4th weekend.

I got the motor and honestly there were some small things that werent included with the motor. I called up Jason and told him what was up and he said he would get they out the next day, he never mentioned any additional charges and actually helped me out with some stuff that he didnt have to do.

The proof will be in the pudding when I hit the dyno and the track and I will keep the details quite until then but this motor should scoot to say the least.

Bottomline TSP was excellent to deal with and a true pleasure.

To the guys at TSP:

John- He always anwsered the phone and a lot of my questions and seemed truely happy to help out. He made me feel like I wasnt just some customer but rather a "friend" of the guys at the shop.

Trevor/Joesph- They were the technical guys that anwsered my millions of questions.They took the time to anwser my questions and never made me feel like they needed to get off the phone even though I am sure they had a million things to take care of.

Jason- My main point of contact. Again his enthusiasm was awesome. He was as excited about the motor build as I was. He also bent over backwards to help me out. He also always had time to talk to me whenever I needed to talk to him. A few times there were some things that came up and he was always available even though I probably interrupted him 10 times while he was doing tuning. Not to mention him, Trevor and Joesph staying late until after 8 the last night to get the motor buttoned up and on the truck so I could have it before the long weekend.

Guys I really appreciate everything and I cant wait for you all to hear and see it run at Beech Bend. The beers are on me!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

nice....ill be lookin into them when im ready to build....get that thing on some rollers now tho!!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,
I think I speak for everyone when I say it has been a pleasure helping you. We are all anxiously awaiting the results of this motor! Glad we could help you out, and let us know if you need anything else!

Thanks again!
Jon

Oh yeah, how do I go about getting one of those shirts???
Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Let me know how many you boys want and I will have some on the way
Old 07-08-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's good to know because I am getting ready (within the next 2 weeks) to order a 408 myself, so I will definatly be looking hard at TSP for my shortblock needs...

Quick Reply: TSP Motor build