LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Cartek. Wow.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Cartek. Wow.

My story began when I made plans to drive to Tampa Florida to depart for a cruise on July 8th. I knew my car needed to get new shocks put in before the adventure b/c I had about 89k on the stockers and they were less than effective anymore and I didn't want to have any issues driving 1200 miles.

So a couple weeks ago I called up Dave at Cartek and made an appointment to have my new revalved bilsteins, eibach springs, panhard bar and weld-in relocation brackets put in on July 5th (the earliest date Cartek had available at the time I called). Dave told me it was a routine job, and would be done that day.

I knew it would be close since we were leaving on the 6th to get down there, but it was the only choice I had if I wanted my shocks/springs put in before we left. So I dropped my car off the night of the 4th and left my keys with a note saying that I needed my car ASAP because I was going on a road trip early on the 6th.

Well, like a jackass I didn't realize that July 5th would be the first day after a four day weekend. Now, EVERY business I've dealt with, be it as a customer or employee, gets innevitably delayed due to a short week and a massive back-up from the week before. Cartek was no different ...

...Or so I thought.

I talked to Dave at noon on the 5th to make sure he got my keys and everything was there. He said that he was really backed up and that he hadn't started on my car yet, but it was going to be pulled into the garage in a little while.

I started to get nervous b/c i knew shocks/springs is no easy job. But I wanted to believe him, so I crossed my fingers and hoped. Hours go by, and now it's 5:30pm and I know that most shops close up around 6. I called back and Dave told me that they got my car started, but it probly wouldn't be done until the next day. He asked me if that was ok, and I told him that I really needed to have my car back by very early morning if that was the case b/c we would be leaving shortly thereafter. So Dave told me that they would stick around a little later that day to get it done and that he would call me when they finished.

Hours went by ... 8pm, 9pm, 11pm ... slowly I lost hope and realized that I wouldn't have my car that night and that I would have to do ALOT of speeding and tireless driving to make up the lost time.

Then at 12:16AM my phone rang and Cartek's number came up....

Incredible.

Dave apologized for taking so long, my car was all set to be picked up.

I paid over the phone and we chatted about cruises for a little while. I was blown away. Staying overtime AND taking time to have a conversation?!?! What kind of business is this!!!!????

Great job guys. Thank you for restoring my faith in (at least some) people's ability to get a job done when they say it will be done, AND get it done right the first time on top of that!

I know it was a long story, but I have to say, I am impressed. Cartek has a new lifetime customer and should have many more.