LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Six Speeds Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Six Speeds Inc.

I don't know about anyone else's dealings with Six Speeds Inc. but they have been nothing short of a major dissapointment. My tranny was ordered ~ mid January of this year. Initial charge was on the 25th of January and the balance was charged on the 28th of January. Cool, right?
I should have had it the beginning of February at the latest. Wrong. It wasn't shipped until mid March even though it was paid for in full in January. There were weather delays, trouble with tracking, and then it was lost by the shipper. No big deal. These things happen I suppose. I even burned some vacation time in anticipation of seeing the tranny and clutch installed and dyno tuning the car.
So, Six Speeds said they would build another one ASAP and get it out with a different shipper. I was told that the new tranny shipped on the 7th of April. April 18th came and went and still no tranny. Two weeks to ship a tranny from Houston to Cincinnati? Next Friday it will have been exactly 3 months since the initial charge.

This is ridiculous and surprising for a major sponsor of many online communities. My patience is all gone and this needs to be resolved right now.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob,

Since Dave is my customer I have been speaking with him. It wasn't shipped on the 7th and I never told anyone that it was going to. I gave a tracking number and said I would get it out just as soon as I can. I spoke with Dave (Dave's total performance) this morning and he knows it will be there on friday. I explained to Dave the fact that we are 6-8 weeks out at any given period and that all depends on core's and there condition.

Please direct any questions to Dave since they are my customer but I did tell him and give him my quarantee it would show by 5pm on friday.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 04-21-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Veteran

For the record: Amber tried to call Dave twice this morning without knowing this post existed. When I called to see what was up she knew the exact status of this transaction and how many times they have tried to call with no return response.
Six Speeds has not left the buyer in the dark during this and they still have not gotten the "lost in shipping" transmisson back. They pushed the usual 6-8 week build ahead to get this transmission out by Friday.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Amber, I got your voicemail. Thank you. I am the owner of the car that is waiting on this transmission to finish the build. I look forward to driving it with a rock solid transmission Six Speeds is known for producing.

Gearhed, Communication is not an issue nor did I bring it up as one. Voicemail tag has been exchanged as well as live conversations. The "lost in shipping" tranny is an issue between Six Speeds and their shipper and should not require another 6-8 weeks wait on my part.

I am sorry it came to this but this thread has produced results. Positive feedback will be left in kind if and when it is appropriate.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob,

Not a problem at all. You are always more than welcome to call lets just keep it to either you or Dave. More people that call the more confusing we get. Remember I have "Can't Remember **** During Pregnancy" syndrome so I only like to speak with the least amount of people possible so we don't get confused.

I will make sure it is there for friday just like I guranteed.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Gearhed, Communication is not an issue nor did I bring it up as one. Voicemail tag has been exchanged as well as live conversations. The "lost in shipping" tranny is an issue between Six Speeds and their shipper and should not require another 6-8 weeks wait on my part.
This would be in reference to you being told the second tranny was shipped April 7th and it being the 17th with no transmission. Direct communication with Six Speeds would have cleared that misinformation up.

As for building a transmission, regardless of lost/damaged in transit it is clearly states a minimum 6-8 week process to build on their web site. Everyone there is putting someone elses transmission to the side right now to finish yours, hence the mention of Six Speeds not even seeing the first one they sent to you.

That is some seriously dedicated customer service.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GEARHED
This would be in reference to you being told the second tranny was shipped April 7th and it being the 17th with no transmission. Direct communication with Six Speeds would have cleared that misinformation up.

As for building a transmission, regardless of lost/damaged in transit it is clearly states a minimum 6-8 week process to build on their web site. Everyone there is putting someone elses transmission to the side right now to finish yours, hence the mention of Six Speeds not even seeing the first one they sent to you.

That is some seriously dedicated customer service.
And here I thought this issue was resolved yet you fan the hot embers after the flames have been extinguished??? You and I never spoke nor did I receive any PMs from you asking for the specifics surrounding my side of this dispute. Instead you cast blame for failure on my part to communicate and somehow twist it around so that my "lost" transmission requires another 6-8 week wait. I will not go into any more details at this stage on this forum either. As far as I was concerned the dispute was resolved yet you felt the need for the above post. Amber is quite literate, she has proven that fact, and can readily express her thoughts in representing Six Speeds Inc.

Once again, I look forward to driving my "transmission worry-free" Trans Am soon.

Last edited by Instigator; 04-22-2008 at 09:34 AM.