LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed inc

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed inc

Hands down the cheapest place to order parts. If in Texas you don't have to pay taxes. Unfortunatley, they consistently mess up orders.

Started several years ago.
2000ss

Ordered Intake, cam, springs, ti retainers, asp pulley and ported oil pump.

Sent wrong retainers and oil pump was bad.
They made good by knocking 10% off next order.

I ordered a Moser 12 bolt with Richmond gears. They sent it with Motives and told me how much better the were. Fine I let it go.

Sold SS and bought Trans Am

Ordered Intake, hooker headers and Catback.
Missing tubes for Intake and they would not overnight it. Brother went back to Cal and car waited some more.

Waited 2 months for headers and finally cancelled order. They wanted to charge me the 3% for using a credit card until I bitched.

A few months later the had headers in stock so I ordered a pair for 00-02. Other bro was in town and he was gonna help me out.

They sent 98-99. I installed them and then realized they were wrong year. I called them and they said they were the same and not to worry.

I just tried to connect air tubes and they don't fit. They are 90 degrees off. To late to remove gonna have tube connections rewelded somehow. Just wanted all of you to know how incompitant they were at Speed Inc.

Keep in mind I have a fused back and working on cars is really hard for me. I have to take it really slow and sometimes a 4 hour job take several weekends depending on level of force required.

If your not in a hurry go ahead and order from them. Just be sure to double check everything upon arrival. If you need it ASAP stick to shops that read orders and labels before sending them out.