LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

My daughter went to take my car to the movies, but came in the house and said she couldn't shift the car. So I went out, and sure enough, you cannot shift the car out of park.

So I asked OnStar, and they said the car went into Stolen Car Mode, but couldn't reset it, then switched me to a Chevrolet advisor, who was did not know what to do...

So I came here... I figure someone here will know how to disengage or reset my car...

2006 Monte Carlo SS

HELP!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS_Black_Attack
My daughter went to take my car to the movies, but came in the house and said she couldn't shift the car. So I went out, and sure enough, you cannot shift the car out of park.

So I asked OnStar, and they said the car went into Stolen Car Mode, but couldn't reset it, then switched me to a Chevrolet advisor, who was did not know what to do...

So I came here... I figure someone here will know how to disengage or reset my car...

2006 Monte Carlo SS

HELP!!!!!!!
disconnect the battery and let it reset???
Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think if you open then gas cap, gently place a rag about 8" into then filler neck then slowly soak the rag with gasoline, let it sit for maybe 10 minutes, then light a smoke, if you accidentally trip and fall towards the car igniting the rag. Well I guess you can figure out the rest? If that don't help call the dealer.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats funny. i suppose theres an option with a tech ii. ill look into this.

30 min reprogramming procedure. sounds like fun so far. check pm.

Last edited by neilownz; 11-29-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neilownz
thats funny. i suppose theres an option with a tech ii. ill look into this.

30 min reprogramming procedure. sounds like fun so far. check pm.
I'm sorry for the sarcasm but it happens! If your in your warranty period use it, if not, then that's a different story! And I don't have an answer. Sorry, but your question still stands. neilownz usually has good advise!

Last edited by LS4SPEED; 11-29-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: neilownz usually has good advise!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i sent him some basic troubleshooting stuff like trying with the other key etc. and the 30 min reprogramming procedure with a vehicle master key. theres also more troubleshooting that can be done with a scan tool. the tdm or ecm could be messed up as well. would suck to have to get it towed to a dealer. maybe thats covered if its still under warranty.

im sure you could use a vats bypass module also, but that would render the transponder key useless. they are available for aftermarket remote start systems.

Last edited by neilownz; 11-29-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i remember correctly one of us has had this problem but he got rid of his monte carlo. Anyways he could not shift it out of park after he applyed the brake there is a override inside the center console that lets you shift it. Turns out the mechanism that unlocks the park button was broke. peel back the sides of the center console and hge said the switch was at the base of the shifter.. you can do a search for the thread I'll try myself to look inabit.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

onstar said it was immobilized, but i remember that too. might have been a different issue. its tough to say without more info like if the security light is on or does it start etc.

if its just the shift lock control theres a troubleshooting guide in the manual, but it requires a scan tool. with a scan tool you can command the shift lock solenoid output control on or off. checking connections/grounds/bcm etc. automatic transmission shift lock actuator replacement would be what you are talking about.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...ss-button.html

Last edited by neilownz; 11-30-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by neilownz
onstar said it was immobilized, but i remember that too. might have been a different issue. its tough to say without more info like if the security light is on or does it start etc.

if its just the shift lock control theres a troubleshooting guide in the manual, but it requires a scan tool. with a scan tool you can command the shift lock solenoid output control on or off. checking connections/grounds/bcm etc. automatic transmission shift lock actuator replacement would be what you are talking about.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...ss-button.html
Thanks... The Cup Holder thing, disengages the lock, and allows me to drive my car... Now I can drive it into be fixed... because it locks everytime it goes into park and that car/padlock light on the dash lights up.

I have 72/72,000 btb warranty, that I got at cost, but I will run out of time before miles, I only have 10,228 on her now. 2-weeks ago, they had to replace a hub.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Weren't you the guy with the car that you bought from the dealer that has been crashed before and has a weird roof or something ?
Old 11-30-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

hopefully they will be able to figure out whats wrong. nice security there. ooh lets put a bypass button thats easily accessible. yay for gm.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Conclusion...

Inspected - found cut wire at 750 near control soleniod. N6630 Wiring and connector - repair or replaced.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Good info
Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Onstar Dont know what they are talking about. The Stolen Mode feature was not available on the 06 or 07's for that matter. Last I read about it, it was coming 09. And still if it was in stollen mode the car does not shut down but it slows down slowly.

http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/plans/svs.jsp

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

WOnder how hard it is to solder that wire if it goes. About to run out of bumper to bumper.
I feel like this will be first thing to go after that LOL. I'll just drive around with no cup holders then LOL.