LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Dead Battery and a-hole dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my dealership try to make me pay for my front windshield that had bad weather striping. They told me it was an aftermarket windshield and they couldn't warranty it. I told them BS my car is under warranty and told them to prove it, and told them that i was related to a very good local lawyer. They replaced it and detailed the outside of the car later that day. Car dealerships are the least trust worthy businesses out there.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackLS1m6
Actually i can work on Fords, i went to school for it and i have ford credentials i just ended up getting a job at a Gm dealer I am not trying to argue with anyone here, every dealer has its good and bad people within it. If they did you wrong then whack them on the survey you reserve every right to.
haha me too, always owned a ford too. If they do something fucked up, ding them. If your unsure about how the system works and because you dont understand it you end up frustated, dont ding them. Just remeber for the dealer to get paid by GM for warrenty repairs, we have to have proper paperwork filled out, with the right answers. If they couldnt get a fail code for the battery, what are they suppose to do? Give you a new one and eat the cost? And pay the tech nothing for putting it in? That makes more sense than following the rules GM setup, not the dealers...
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oshia86
I just had my dealership try to make me pay for my front windshield that had bad weather striping. They told me it was an aftermarket windshield and they couldn't warranty it. I told them BS my car is under warranty and told them to prove it, and told them that i was related to a very good local lawyer. They replaced it and detailed the outside of the car later that day. Car dealerships are the least trust worthy businesses out there.
Are you the first owner? How bout you prove its not aftermarket? Most likely they had to lie and say it was factory to have it replaced.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Launching!

I wasn't the first owner no, but i really wasn't in the mood to pay for work i just bought a few weeks before then. I felt like i was being had at the time and argued and got my way. They gave in pretty easy to so it made me feel even more like it was them pulling something.