LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber kit?

i need a camber kit/bolt to have my rear wheels alligned properly. After lowering it they are too far off to adjust properly without it. The one the shop showed me was just a straHas anyone here nge looking bolt. installed one of these? if so can i get some guidance on intsall?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...amberbolts.jpg

You can buy and install a set of camber correcting bolts aka "cam bolts" or "crash bolts" (illustrated above) which have eccentric shafts or heads that can be turned to increase or decrease camber by moving the bottom of the strut in or out.

I got 1 set at CARQUEST and the other at NAPA. Any auto parts jobber should be able to get them.

DO NOT GRIND OR CUT OR ALTER ANYTHING.

There are aftermarket cam bolts through all local autoparts outlets. Simply remove the upper of the two mounting bolts at the axel end of the strut, loosen the lower one set your camber then tighten both. Do all four corners of your car and problem is solved. GM stealerships will not do this for you. Go to a good alignment shop.

Get the shop to put all four on and reinstall your wheels, put the car back on the tables and give it multiple shakes. Then install their alignment equiptment and DO NOT LIFT THE CAR AGAIN UNTIL FINISHED!!! Now most shops have a inflatable pad or bag they can fit in between the tire and strut, inflate it on each wheel and set the camber for that wheel and lock it down.

Set all the alignment parameters to the min spec for your car and suspension package. Set the Toe at -0.05deg.

The bolts you need are called Camber Bolts (I have a part number 81260 if that helps)

You can change the top bolts out yourself and then take it to the alignment shop to save some bucks. Here in Canada my cost was like 40.00 a bolt but compared to the price of tires and the amasing increase in handling the have paid for themselves many times over.
Before your alignment fill your gas tank, it does make a difference!

Last edited by Ill_Born_ss; 03-09-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: add info
Old 03-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i appreciate all the help illborn. thats exactly what i needed to hear. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Camber kit?