LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Car Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, they are fixing the seat today and tomorrow...however they told me my car was going to their sister dealer in Saginaw, so I called there and they don't have the car.

Turns out it is at some body shop they use...so I will be talking to someone about this...i have no clue where my car is....I am starting to see why people are getting away from American made cars...this is a bit extreme...
Old 04-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW - I'd be F*%^&$ pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Teching In

How bad were your seats? i was thinking about bringing mine to the dealer about my seats to see what they say. but im not sure if the creases in mine are normal wear or what?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had some pretty deep creases, but the main reason they are replacing that panel of the seat because it is actually cracking/ripping.

So give it a shot, the worst than can happen is they say no...or take your car to a different city to a shop you don't know about, and leave it outside unlocked....
Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

My driver's seat has some deep creases in it as well. I've attributed it to the fine quality that GM cars are made of.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Dude, I don't know how you can be so cool about that kid beating on YOUR CAR. I would go straight to the service manager, NOW. If you can find a different dealer to work with, that would really help you out immensely after you issue that kid a beat down. You spent a lot of money on that car and some punk service department dude beats on it? NO WAY that flies in my book.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I am not happy about it, I have a nice list of things I will be talking to the Service Manager or General Manager when I go get my car in about an hour and a half.

I am going to tell him everything that as happened, including the issue with the tires I posted about 2 weeks ago, and I will see what he says. Based off his actions/reactions then I will see how mad or how pissed I need to be to get things through to them.

I try to stay as calm as possible until I have my car back, otherwise, and this has happened in the past, things get broken intentionally....so I am plenty but I just want to go through the proper channels first.

If I do blow up I want it to be at someone who will do something about it all

But thanks for the encouragement guys, and all the advice, hopefully all my belongings will still be in the car, and all will be well...
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Good luck man! I hope everything works out for you.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Yes, good luck. I didn't realize that they still have your car. Keeping cool is generally a good approach, but if I had witnessed (or my GF witnessed) someone nearly wrecking my car, well, someone would have A LOT of 'splainin' to do. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got the car back!!!!

The seats look awesome, better than new, the carpets are still a little wet so I have to talk to the Service Manager about it.

The Service Manager was out with his family, so I am going to set up an appointment after 5 tonight so I can go and speak with him.

98% of the time this dealership has done great work, but I have received good customer service only about 40% of the time. So that is the under lying issue here, I am not happy with my service, be it the people i talk to, or the people driving the car. So like you have said maybe I am being too cool about it all...but now I got the car back...so we will see...cheers
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have found that having Connecticut State Police badge stickers in my side windows deters any kind of **** like that from ever happening with my car...

plus, they know I go over everything with a fine-toothed comb before it goes in, and when it comes out, check mileage, etc etc... and I always wait for it while any service/work is being done to it...

had to leave my car overnight only once since I've had it... and when I showed up early the next morning, they had parked it in their locked service garage, and locked the car up, and even washed it when they were done in the AM before I left there with it...

heh...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

I'm glad you have a good dealer like that 06MonteSS... I hope the ones local to me will treat me the same. I haven't had a need to find out though yet... *knock on wood*