LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

cams on jegs

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cams on jegs

Just seeing if i could get some input on these cams i found while i was doin some looking around. Would they fit as ordered with no modifications? Would DoD work? And i really dont know the size difference between those 3 and stock?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am pretty well versed in cam theory and I would be happy to tell you how the 'should' act in comparison to the stock one, but we do need some numbers to start with.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

well i would probably be the "student" in this conversation. so i really dont know where to start.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think he was asking you "what cams did you find?" you didn't post any information about the cams, so no one has any basis to reply/speculate on the relative merits of cams.

Start by posting the cam specs such as maker, grind number, duration @ .05, lift, lobe separation angle, intake centreline...

Old 11-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Teching In

http://www.jegs.com/sizecharts/gmrollercamcards.html
Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Launching!

the 2nd cam would be the absolute largest you could run on the stock stall torque convertor. you would also need to replace valve springs and receive a full dyno tune.

for all the hassle in swapping the cam in these cars...you might as well save up and swap heads at the same time since they need to come off anyway to properly eliminate DoD.

At that point you should do a LS1/LS6/LS2 intake swap at the same time and a custom cam would be of more benefit. Transmission issues will start to creep up too with that much HP.

Basically if you can't afford to do the TEP trans with an upgraded stall first...forget about a cam swap...
Old 11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fubar569 is absolutely right start with the trans with my mods my trans is pissed at me so if u do a cam yes i would do heads at the same time and get rid of dod **** being that u have to pull the motor for a cam u mise well have a tep ready to go in also

Quick Reply: cams on jegs