LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

So here is what i have come up with????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow So here is what i have come up with????

I seen that my tunner chimed in from Kokomo....lol good to see him poking around....as I knew he wasnt gonna give up on me...he has dealt with me for a while now with all this madness...we will get it...Im hoping to get to him FRI this week and just really take a fine tooth through the tune and have him look at some KR in around town driving that Im showing to determine if its just the external sensors or if its true...

I did a compression test on #7: it was good...so no engine damage thank the LORD..!!
The last 5.3L LS4 that did this same thing shot a piece of spark plug through the exhaust valve...so he isnt even trying to get back to the N2O...so that leaves me..probably the only LS4 WET N2O car....

Then Im hoping to bring my friend with me and this document and a magna. glass and look at these plugs...ill only pull #7 cause thats our problem plug...and with the new plugs in only on NA they all look the same as #7....so that will be our ref. point...im still keeping my TR6's on cause those are tried and true from what I have seen, and everybody has there own opinions...and they have been gapped at .035...so i still wonder if its a gapping issue with this motor maybe...but my NGK specs call for a 55 and the LS guys and you guys will say...gap it at .035..i mean, especially if Im the same heat range for this motor as the other LS's...at least the ones that are spraying for the most part....these theories that work for all others, just dont seem to work on my car....LOL

I did pull my new plugs(TR6) gapped at .035 on the NA tune after 5-6 days and everyone says they are lean...they are bright white and CLEAN...not tan or darkening at all....so just to be safe, im def. not spraying until i get to my tunner....Plugs are showing LEAN on NA tune.

I did a fuel line fog test swtiching the FJO on and arming my sylenoids and put it WOT and without the bottle cracked. My XD-16 into my LC-1 showed 9.0-9.5 drop but the engine didnt have any load change or "fludding/fluddering" with fuel behavior into the intake.....I run a FPSS at 49.99 that is set of my AUX fuel sensor at the rail into one of my Aeroforce scan gauges...but the FP was great during this test....

A theory over the weekend after crunching all this info thanks to you guys and my tunner and all my LS buds....everyone is saying with the combo of the plugs being new and showing brilliant white on NA only.....and my fuel fogger test showing up really fat on my wideband and no engine behavior or bogg at all and it continued to rev at wot and climb....and that the right amount of timing has seemed to be just fine, even crossing the the engineering and theory end of things: Pulled 4* for the N2O right off the bat and 4* for the whole board at the star putting me at 21* total...should have been plenty...and no KR at all at WOT.

CONCLUSION: That my LC-1 bung...a Voltswagen BOSCH circle six-prong with sensor, is bad....and that our tune was conducted on bad AFR due to my sensor being shot...just not enough fuel...this is seeming to be the only practical theory...if not a sensor..im sure its not positioning of the sensor on the downpipe bend...its got good angle and placement.

My tunner used my sensor into his brand new LC-2...he isnt too confident that its my sensor though??...
he wants to pull 3* and place a larger fuel jet in...so I would run the 150 fuel jet at a 100 shot...
and with 3*'s more pulled, would put me at a total of 18* total timing from factory.....which is real safe so I hear!! (*** LOAD) lol..factory this thing has something like 32*or 33*....it very well could be that the motor doesnt like all that the other LS's run....its different and this is my tunners first LS4....as a lot of guys and other tunners just have no idea...SO IM REALLY HOPING NO ONE GIVES UP ON ME....this is what its all about guys...something new and having some tech problems...im sorry its not what you guys are familiar with, but its a LS motor needing some attention...lol

But this is the second; now the only LS4 around with a wet shot of N2O...so this motor has hardley any trials on it...so it seems to boggle the minds of everyhting that anyone knows...we just need to find the problems so I can finish this chapter of the LS4.....

Some where asking if us turning off the DOD..or Active Fuel Management could of thrown the whole thing off...which I dont think it would...but then again, there is nothing to base it off of...and I dont think my tunner is going to stick around through this and make this his Frankenstien car....you know...a tunners worst nightmare...lol I dont think he has the time to really tune this...this thing needs a lot of trials and time into it...like a full weekend to really take our time and look at it....or just throw a timing box on it...lol but still doesnt fix my problem with the plugs reading lean on NA and them being brand new...
Old 05-24-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

DOD only activates if you are 6% or less on the throttle. Other than that it will always be in V-8 mode. I really do not think it will matter. It will be floored anyway going down the track.

-Mike
Old 05-24-2009, 08:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

DOD only activates if you are over 20mph and below 75mph... if you are in D... and are at less than 15-20% throttle...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

that clears the air on that then i bet...but turning it off is no different then it shutting off anyway...so i dont think it would do something diff with the ignition adv/timing..I see that quite a bit of you are tunned....give me some timing numbers if you can....im spraying on a NA tune...my NA tune is my N2O tune as well.......I would like to compare.....please!!! this is where the help comes in...06monteSS...chime in man..whats your tunning numbers and do you have DOD turned off?