LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Killed a Vette this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
Doesn't a Vette weigh less than a Grand Prix? I can see why then it may win stock for stock. But, the LS4's are no slouches. I mean it IS still and LS engine. Just because it's in a Grand Prix, Monte, Impala, or LaCrosse doesn't mean it's no less of an engine.

We should all get along and NOT make this forum into what Club GP has become. I am not sure how this post has come across and in no way is it meant to get anyone angry.

-Mike
Mike, I certainly didn't intend to ruffle any feathers by my posts in this thread. I just meant to say that my Vette is quite a bit quicker than my MCSS, stock for stock. I was surprised to hear so many LS4 drivers were walking LT1 Vettes on the street. But most of the LS4 guys chiming in aren't stock, either.

I think that the LS4 engine is a great powerplant. After all, I bought one! Once you learn to deal with the inherent challenges of front wheel drive coupled with 300+ horsepower, these cars are a lot of fun. I haven't been to ClubGP myself, so I can't speak for that. Generally this section is pretty polite; I don't post that much but have learned quite a bit since joining. I say we all share a , as negativity and flame wars are not productive.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 20SS07
Yea he had a GTP, or GT depending on the year with the L32 supercharged 3.8 with 260hp. However there is alot of potential out of the L67 and L32 motors so you can't necessarily just make a blanket statement that he's slower cause he has the 3.8. There are some L67 04-05 Impala SS's over on NAIOA that are faster than the 06+ LS4 SS's and they just have the basic mods and nothing crazy. There's also a huge aftermarket for those engines thanks to the L67 Grand Prix GTP's being so popular for so many years. There's a ton of those L67 and L32 cars that would spank an LS4.

But yea, stock for stock the LS4 shouldn't be far behind an LT1 Vette.
OH for sure about the after market for the l67 and l32's but he said it was just a smaller pulley and exhaust. I am pretty sure with those mods it is low 14's. I almost wish some times I got the 06 GP GT to have the aftermarket but then I open my cut outs and remember why I got the ls4
Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChefChub
OH for sure about the after market for the l67 and l32's but he said it was just a smaller pulley and exhaust. I am pretty sure with those mods it is low 14's. I almost wish some times I got the 06 GP GT to have the aftermarket but then I open my cut outs and remember why I got the ls4
Id be lucky to make 300hp with my setup
i do have over 400 tq but no top end
from a dig with tires that dont hook

swapping a turbo on instead of the blower would be a much better choice
Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was just generally speaking about the LS4 vs the L67/L32.

And what's with all this fighting talk? No one said anything even remotely close to disrespectful in this or the turbo thread. Respectfully giving a different opinion isn't fighting lol.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, no offense taken BCG. I had a 94 Formula that had an LT1 and my GXP feels faster. On the I-Net it is VERY hard knowing where people are coming from. I certainly didn't mean to come across in a bad way. I hope I didn't? I LOVE Vette's. Someday I want one. Your Vette is beautiful BTW. Nicely done.

-Mike

I didn't think we were fighting either 20SS07 but it is hard to tell from posts sometimes.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the complement Mike. I love the GS, as well as just about any other GM performance car. Basically I just browse certain forums to learn about the cars I like. I used to be much more high-strung about speed and going fast; but over the 6+ years that I have owned my GS, the sheer amount of stoplight challenges that I receive from other drivers at seemingly every other traffic light has mellowed me out a lot, LOL! Cheers. And SORRY to the original poster for completely hijacking this thread!

Good kill man! (There, now we're back on topic.)
Old 06-24-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont forget some of the vette could be pretty worn out. Slipping Automatics, weak clutches, or just plain tired motors.