LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

MAF sensor position question....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default MAF sensor position question....

I'm trying to play around with the MAF sensor orientation/position, to see if having it straight up and down or angled to the side will yield a difference in amount of airflow into the throttle body...

since it has that divider going up through the middle of it, I was thinking that straight up and down would provide the best airflow through the intake hose and straight into the throttle body.

what do you guys think?

how are yours positioned - straight up and down, or angled to the side some??

thanks!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 06-30-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I understand your question. It is about orientation of the maf sensor?
Air flows from high pressure to low pressure. Unless the orientation will cause an undue pressure drop from one orientation to another, there is no difference. One thing you can do just for grins is to monitor MAP sensor KpA
at WOT vs atmospheric reading (scan with car turned off). The closer the two reading the better. This difference is a testament to how effecient your intake is. Right now my GTO intake is within 1 kpa at a sustained wot. The Gxp is 2 kpa difference. Not quite as effecient. So, I would encourage you to investigate a hp tuner or any other device that can monitor map sensor.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

cool.. thanks Okie... my Predator monitors/logs the MAP... will check it out...

yeah, been wondering how that divider in the middle of the MAF sensor affects the airflow going into the TB - if it should be straight up and down or if it was better if it was at an angle...

will log the MAP info as you suggested and check it out..

thanks man!!

-Lew

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com