LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Missing hose on intake plenum

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing hose on intake plenum

Hey everyone! I removed the gxp's engine cover and saw that i was missing a hose on the intake manifold inlet opposite side of that nasty restriction right behind my throttle body (not the hose on the throttle body but the one right behind it) do you guys know what its for and where the other end would go so i can see if its still attached there. I looked around and couldnt find it anywhere. Thanks in advance, hope u all have a great night!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

A picture would really help if you could possibly grab one.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know which one you are talking about because i packed up my extra intake to get ported today i believe it is the PCV hose so it probably is attached to your rear valve cover? i could be wrong the only other thing i can think of is a power brake booster hose hope this helps Good luck
Old 07-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Launching!

You are not missing anything, its a dead end fitting, take a small wire or screwdriver and insert it into fitting, you will see it is plugged
Old 07-08-2009, 08:20 AM

Thanks very much everyone! The brake booster hose was connected so i sacraficed a wire coat hanger and saw it dead ended just like tappeter said. I was upset thinking i was driving around with vaccum. I wonder why they would design it like that? Maybe so that dummies like me can get burned looking around for a mystery hose lol,,,