LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Think i messed up the computer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Think i messed up the computer?

ok so got my K&N Intake in 2 weeks ago.. put it on myself.. as soon as i was done i realized i was supposed to remove one of the charges to the battery before removing the computers..
i did not remove anything on the battery..

now the car is reading instant economy and fuel range a little weird.. and no its not the k&n saving me gas.. turned on the car it said 5.4mpg with 70 miles already on that tank of gas.. then i checked again an hour later and it went to 12.0.. then i checked again later and it said 11.4(my usual average)
said i had 250miles left of gas.. i already had 70 miles on the trip a(i restart it after every pump) i never get 210+ gallons on a full tank.. this was kinda odd..
got an oil change thursday and the oil life remained at 38% today its at 36%..
last oil change it automatically said 100 as soon as i drove off..

ok so either its all coincidence and the avg. economy is adjusting and the fuel range changed a bit cause i took the freeway 2 times for 10 mins, and i can somehow re adjust the oil life myself BUT if you guys think this may be a problem lemme know how to fix it.. how do i restart the computer or how would i make it go back to normal?
im sure im just worrying too much but better safe then sorry...

thanks..
Old 09-28-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

did you do the oil change yourself? usually someone has to reset the oil life monitor for it to go back to 100%

To reset the computer you just dissconnect the battery/power. by dissconnecting the tcm/ecm you pretty much did the samething. I don't if that would cause a problem.

Your fuel economy would take time to readjust.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Launching!

na i had it done at napa.. same spot i did my last change.. thats why i thought it was odd.. but fosho, how would i go about reseting it? im sure i already lost 3 percent within the last few days though lol

fosho just wanted to know if disconnecting them without disconnecting the battery would cause a slight problem.. but i guess i just worried too much and it was indeed coincidence..

thanks for the reply..
Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will have to get a tech 2 to clear the BCM codes and reset / relearn all the calibrations. Disconnecting the battery will only clear and reset the PCM/TCM, not the BCM or Security comp.
By disconnecting the comp it would clear its memory so you have a 50-75 mile relearn on the units disconnected and because of the way you removed them the BCM and Security comps will keep the codes stored and you will not be able to see them without a tech 2.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

On your DIC hit the second button from the top till you get to the OIL % part then press and hold the "check mark" 4th button till it resets to 100% or 99%.