LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

traction control issues..

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control issues..

been havin some problems wit my service traction control system lately and mechanic cant seem to find the problem after hes the one who caused it.. wasnt doing that before i brought it to the shop.. so im going to attemp to fix the problem ..cant someone help me locate the traction control system.. is it all control off the bcm..? and would anyone happen to know if that has anythin to do with the door locks ..cause the go off after a hard bump.. very aggravating..
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

traction control is controlled by the ECM, not the BCM....

and has nothing to do with the door locks....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-03-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well here is my issue.. see what u guys think.. have a fried battery so swapped it out.. took it to the mechanic cause i guess the battery shorted and caused a fusible link to burn.. and i didn't know what was going on so just had him fix it and he swapped it out.i got the car back and now after i started driving..hit a small bump or pothole the door locks go off(normally locked so they unlock and lock again) on the dash the cluster reads service traction system also on the cluster the shifter reads drive while im driving but once i hit a bump it goes to park.. also don't know if it has anything to do with it but i had a diablo tune installed 93 no DOD and tried to go back to the factory tune and it says it doesn't read p/n so not sure what that means..any help really really appreciated..was gunna sign up to alldata to see if i could fix something but honestly dont know where to start..
Old 10-03-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember when I replaced my battery I had to rmove the electrical center out of the way and kinda yank on the harness a bit to get clear. He might've done that but acutally dislodged a wire or two.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the advice..
but what do you mean "electrical center"?if your referring to the fuse box i was already used to it.. i actually popped the new battery in there in like 20 mins.. since i already replaced it before and had experience.. but just took it to the mechanic to fix the starting problem which was the fusible link..and after they fixed that i got the car back in this condition..

well i just got home after a huge drive.. my car started acting up again.. now seems to have gotten worse..
i have no idea whats so ever bout wats goin on.. now the door locks go off, the traction light and service traction control system light comes on.. then the cluster shifts into park while driving.. at first it was just the display but i guess now it is engauging cause it seems to affect the shifting.. when i speed up the rpms are higher and doesnt seem like it catchs the gear..also i was on the highway driving home and the traction and shifting was going crazy also the "rap" relay was going crazy also.dont know whats going on but if it is the transmission going out i cant put the factory tune back in.. it says it doesnt read the p/n or something like that and i gotta take off the shift kit also.. hope thats not it tho.was working fine until the battery problem.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok sooo now after the whole day of working on it have gotten no where.. at first i was looking at it and saw that the bottom of the pcm tray on the k&N air intake was grounding so readjusted it and cushioned it with some cardboard. a lil rig seemed to fix that problem but now the car was turned on and wouldnt turn off even with the key turned off and out,,the car kept running ,after that the engine light came on and was scanned and read "oil pump failure",,so i gave up and just gunna take it in for service well see how it goes,..all this problems and barely bout to get to 60k miles.. kinda sad..
Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 PM

Default hey I need help!

Having the same problem and you seem to be the only one on the internet with same issue. Did you ever get it resolved?

Quick Reply: traction control issues..