LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Possible Transmission Failure in the works (again)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks on the accident, the color looks great though!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Great looking car...seems like you have my luck as of late. Anyway, I sent you a friend request on facebook.

Dibs on that CAI...I may need one coming up in the near future (first week of January) I dont know if the dealer gave me a stock airbox or not when my car was repaired.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
So after battling several dealerships (at times, simultaneously), I decided to go with the used 6000 mile one for a few reasons. 1, the dealerships that were going to do a dealer trade for me (I couldnt afford to drive too far with the state that my car was in) were just being shady. There were only a couple left in the area they they could get a hold on. A red one and a white demo with 5000 miles. White was one of my colors but there was NO WAY I was going to pay full price for a demo...I'm not a chump sorry. The dealership was trying to mark it up. So I called the dealer they were trading with and the price was significantly lower. Nobody seemed like they wanted to work things out with me and in the end they didnt want to do the dealer trade. I could have gotten the demo cheaper if I was able to move my car 200 miles....not worth it.

I ended up getting an additional 200 bucks off the used (I was trying for another 1000) bringing it to 23,795. Taxes were like $700 less than a new one, dealer fees were significantly lower... PLUS, I wanted a sunroof and the only car in FL that was fully loaded with a sun roof was the used one. Yes, a sunroof is priceless to me...and worth another $1000 when comparing the used to new imo. The people selling the new one were trying to get me to cut my roof to get a 3rd party one installed...ummm, no thanks!!

So I take delivery of my car....a dog jumps out in the middle of the road....I slam on the breaks...I get rear ended by a little freshman girl with a cellphone in a civic. LOL wtf!?!

Conclusions:
-G8 GTs are AMAZING cars and they make the LS4 cars feel like toys in every way. (no offense guys, I loved my car)

-G8 GTs have EXCELLENT stopping capabilities and are very easy to control in emergencies.

-G8 GT's make a MESS of little honda civics when they get read ended. *grin*

The damage was as follows. Since the civics have a hood that kind of dip downwards, the car essentially hit my bumper and sorta temporarily edged itself under my car. The lower rear fascia by the bumper is mangled as well as hard of the exhaust...mostly the mufflers and tips it seems. The civics whole front end was smashed in and the radiator was spewing everywhere.

My back hurt a little by the end of the night, but it seems ok today. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. Hopefully no permanent damage there.

I guess one good thing about it is that maybe I can manage to get a free flowmaster install out of it since they're gonna be down there anyways. Pics--> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...54094521&saved My profile is open to the world, so let me know if you have trouble seeing the album.

PS, just because I went to a G8 doesn't still I wont be around here lurking and seeing that you all are getting the much needed love you deserve. The LS4 wbodies really are nice despite their downfalls and really do have a lot of potential...it's just not something I want to (nor really have the proper experience) to sink money into. Good luck to you all!

PPS, I have the following for sale: Diablosport predator, Superchips tuner, and a CAI intake. PM me for details. I'll be posting them on ebay and in the sale forum within the next few days.
Is there a link for those of us who left (or refuse to use) [the] facebook back in 2004?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GXP25
Is there a link for those of us who left (or refuse to use) [the] facebook back in 2004?
I'm not a member of Facebook either, and also cannot see the images. Oh well, I refuse to join, as to limit exposure of myself and family. There is already to much personal information floating around the web, don't need to add to it.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
I'm not a member of Facebook either, and also cannot see the images. Oh well, I refuse to join, as to limit exposure of myself and family. There is already to much personal information floating around the web, don't need to add to it.
I thought since I had my filters wide open that it would allow anyone. I guess you still need to be a member. Just an FYI, you know you can really lock down your facebook so only friends and family can see it right? Either way, I will directly link the images which will not require you to have a facebook account to view them:

Camera phone, sorry for bad quality.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn that really sucks! Very nice car though. Hope you get it fixxed as good as new, with a free aftermarket exhaust of your choice. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

ouch sorry to see such a nice car have to go through that ****
Old 12-31-2009, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

love the color too. the G8GT is one of the cars I'm considering for my next car.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
Hope you get it fixxed as good as new, with a free aftermarket exhaust of your choice. Good luck.
Actually, as of now, it looks I'm getting a free Borla cat back exhaust. Turns out the axelback on the G8 GT is $750 a piece!! wow! In a sick way I hope they find that the mid-pipe is bent up too so I can have enough credit to get an aussie spoiler installed.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually, as of now, it looks I'm getting a free Borla cat back exhaust. Turns out the axelback on the G8 GT is $750 a piece!! wow! In a sick way I hope they find that the mid-pipe is bent up too so I can have enough credit to get an aussie spoiler installed.
That would be sweet. Free mods, just gotta get hit first, LOL.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Didn't turn out so bad haha...
Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Default Update!

So I went with the Corsa catback exhaust. The total exaust damages were $2300. So I decided to go for the baddest most expensive exhaust on the market. It sounds amazing! In the car its nice and quiet while cruising with virtually zero drone, however, it's a screeming banshee when you get on it. It fits the cars personality perfectly. This system sounds SO MUCH better than my LS4 with flow 40's and deleted resonator....you get what you pay for.

Of course, I took a video for you guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_xoBC72f4

And a little memory of the monte for kickers. It's much louder than the G8, but the G8 is so much smoother and refined. Both systems matched the personalities of the cars they were on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeiiiYm3mdg

Also, with the leftover money, I got the spoiler that comes with the australian version of the car. Some of you will think it's rice...and that's ok. I think it's BAD ***! I think pontiac shoulda imported it like this. The spoiler balances the rear with the aggressive front end of the car. The stock lip just leaves the G8 tame in the rear...this fixes everything for me.

Last edited by hexxLS4; 02-05-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The spoiler is too big for my taste, but does look good.

The exhaust looks absolutely fantastic. My brothers G8 sounds pretty good, MAgnaflow exhaust with Thorley headers. It's not too loud, but at WOT it's beastly.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
The spoiler is too big for my taste, but does look good.

The exhaust looks absolutely fantastic. My brothers G8 sounds pretty good, MAgnaflow exhaust with Thorley headers. It's not too loud, but at WOT it's beastly.
I agree, it's huge and not for everyone. Thanks for the compliment. I heard the magnaflow has a lot of drone but sounds amazing. I was kinda over the drone after the monte...I still miss it at times though.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Magnaflow drone before headers was unbearable in the back seat od the G8, after headers it's pretty much gone.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

UCF, interesting. Haven't seen the car around yet.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 AM
TECH Resident

UCF, interesting. Haven't seen the car around yet.
I've seen a few GP GXPs around here. What color is yours?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dark Cherry lol.

I live on the East side and am usually around the Waterford Lakes area.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Dark Cherry lol.

I live on the East side and am usually around the Waterford Lakes area.
hmm...I may have seen your car when I had the monte. Unsure. I'll definitely keep an eye out. If you see a car that looks like mine that starts toying with you to race, you'll know its me.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm...I may have seen your car when I had the monte. Unsure. I'll definitely keep an eye out. If you see a car that looks like mine that starts toying with you to race, you'll know its me.
Lol okay.

Quick Reply: Possible Transmission Failure in the works (again)