LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

couple problems with the gxp

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
My dad had a 996 that went into the 'ship for a poor idle and weak performance symptoms. Days later, after taking the entire engine apart, carbon buildup on the valves and carbon corrosion in the engine was the cause of this problem.

Everything was stripped and cleaned, some parts replaced, at the tune of 2k in replacement parts. The problem was so rare that a tech was brought in from Germany to a very, very large reputable Porsche Dealership on the West Coast, Augner (now called AutoGallery).

In a thick German accent, the tech approached my dad and I saying, "Sir, Porsches weren't made in heaven, they were made in Stuttgart....don't be afraid to get devilish with it occasionally."

Beat on it...its just metal, plastic, and glass.....

and i agree with getting on the car once in a while not going to deny that at all, my oldsmobile sits, over the winter and sits until the weekends or a nice day to go cruisin, i have no problems with that car at all, NONE!!!

no oil consumption, no vavle train noise, great mpg for a modified car, no trans issues, and it just sits and sits and sits until i drive it, guess im just saying that these w body cars arent that great and i cant wait to dump mine
Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Carlo
Another thing, I'll never understand why everyone thinks these transmissions are weak. I have never heard of a unit back from when it was the 440-T4 till now breaking loaded hard parts except differentials(which pegleging causes that to any differential). Also clutches never seem to burn out. With this being said I would never say its a weak unit. It is more than capable of channling engines power such as the LS4 and pull a large passenger car. It might be hydraulically challenged but I would never say its weak.
the trans in the car is weak garbage.......we all know that

Quick Reply: couple problems with the gxp