LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Flowmaster 40 series vs Flowmaster 44 series

Old 03-07-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the super44s, no res and a catless DP and its definitely loud and deep. I get compliments a lot but sometimes the car is just plain obnoxious on long drives (400 mile drive from home to school, done it five times, will be doing it three more) or when you are trying to be quiet at night in the neighborhood.

Truthfully I don't even like the note of these cars because it is so deep and "wuuuuhhh." They sound like a beat *** farm truck
Old 03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I have the super44s, no res and a catless DP and its definitely loud and deep. I get compliments a lot but sometimes the car is just plain obnoxious on long drives (400 mile drive from home to school, done it five times, will be doing it three more) or when you are trying to be quiet at night in the neighborhood.

Truthfully I don't even like the note of these cars because it is so deep and "wuuuuhhh." They sound like a beat *** farm truck
I've worked on agriculture vehicles for a short time... I can assure you, our engines sound nothing like that... For the record.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nacho SS

Take a video!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn CarloCrusader! You sold me on super 40s. I have cherry bomb mufflers right now that sounds like *** compared to your car. Only 30 days left in Iraq, then I am dropping some $$$$ on the GXP...
Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got my Flow's Super 40's put on this past weekend and all i can say is WOW!!!! The guy that put it on for me at a exhaust shop was so amazed himself that he didn't even know it had a v8 in it. When i was driving down a random street in Philly following a bunch of friends to do a couple runs near the airport, i put the car in first gear and gunned it next thing you know, some car's alarm went off! (No B.S.) The only thing i could say was "Holy S**t!". Later that night, i went against some honda civic and i am ashamed of myself because he handed my *** to me. I then went against an Acura RSX type S and murdered him and also murdered a Chevy Trailblazer. I then lost against another honda civic and then a BMW 540 i with a dual over head cam 4.4 v8. I was sooooo heated that night but then again all those cars had some serious work done to them especially that BMW.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSCoop
I just got my Flow's Super 40's put on this past weekend and all i can say is WOW!!!! The guy that put it on for me at a exhaust shop was so amazed himself that he didn't even know it had a v8 in it. When i was driving down a random street in Philly following a bunch of friends to do a couple runs near the airport, i put the car in first gear and gunned it next thing you know, some car's alarm went off! (No B.S.) The only thing i could say was "Holy S**t!". Later that night, i went against some honda civic and i am ashamed of myself because he handed my *** to me. I then went against an Acura RSX type S and murdered him and also murdered a Chevy Trailblazer. I then lost against another honda civic and then a BMW 540 i with a dual over head cam 4.4 v8. I was sooooo heated that night but then again all those cars had some serious work done to them especially that BMW.
hows the inside what tips did you go with? Sound clips I am about to go by some now! for my SS Monte! nice car, but sounds weak
Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They used to same stock tips but im looking to change it up a little bit later on because i thought they would change the tips. I will get some sound clips of before and after up here to see how it sounds. Sounds like a dodge ram or something of that nature lol But it definitely turns heads though, just gotta get rid of that damn rev limiter but i dont know how
Old 03-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSCoop
When i was driving down a random street in Philly following a bunch of friends to do a couple runs near the airport
That's still going on down there? Be careful a bunch of idiots there. Thought they put it to a stop after all those kids got killed.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh really? thats the first time i heard of that. i definitely will be careful. thats probably the last run i will do in this car. i have video clips of my car with the new mufflers installed but i the files wont play on the computer and i dont know how to compress or change the file for that matter. i recorded it on my cell phone btw. any body knows how to do this? the file is a .gp file if it helps any
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Teching In

going to do my resy delete and 44s tommrow, hopefully i can find some 3 1/2 to 4 inch tips tommrow. ill post videos.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine is pretty loud with the 40 series i must admit but i asked the guy if i get a catback exhaust would it be any louder and he told me this is as loud as these cars would get. i also want to get that horrible rev limiter taken off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flowmaster 40 series vs Flowmaster 44 series