LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Pics of my new monte ss

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by blakss
looks good i would say paint the calipers but leave the centercaps the way they are..
Nice car. I like the black wheels. I agree with this statement. If anything an overlay with an SS logo would look good to. While your painting the calipers paint the rotor hats black. They will blend in with the wheels better and will also get rid of the rust look.

Black headlighs would look great as well. I saw a member here with black painted housings on his car and they looked great.

Or Buy GXP calipers
Or if you can find a set of these then get them. That would be a nice upgrade as well.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guz
Nice car. I like the black wheels. I agree with this statement. If anything an overlay with an SS logo would look good to. While your painting the calipers paint the rotor hats black. They will blend in with the wheels better and will also get rid of the rust look.

Black headlighs would look great as well. I saw a member here with black painted housings on his car and they looked great.

Or if you can find a set of these then get them. That would be a nice upgrade as well.
I have already ordered the chevy emblem cover in red and the ss will come soon. also thinkin about led tail lights then tinting them. havnt decided on the headlights yet
Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

I love the way those look on the car...I've been trying to find some similar wheels at a good price point and you pretty much nailed what I was going for.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol well u can copy if u want to its not going to **** me off. i got the wheels off of ebay and the tires from discount tire.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4
lol well u can copy if u want to its not going to **** me off. i got the wheels off of ebay and the tires from discount tire.
How much did you end up paying for the wheels? And link if the seller has more sets for sale por favor?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have already ordered the chevy emblem cover in red and the ss will come soon. also thinkin about led tail lights then tinting them. havnt decided on the headlights yet
Black LED tails 4 sale in the classifieds. They r mine and I am trying to sell them. They were for an 02 but they should fit the newer models. Let me know if interested.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
How much did you end up paying for the wheels? And link if the seller has more sets for sale por favor?
The sellers id is maxspeedperformance and heres the link to his store on ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/maxspeedperformance

I ordered the black wheels i have now for my old car which was a Mitsubishi and the bolt pattern was 5x114.3 and when i got the wheels on the box it said 5x115 which is the bolt pattern on our cars. i mounted them on my Mitsubishi and obviously on the Monte so you might just have to email him on some wheels that u find and ask him about the bolt pattern. mine are offset +37 if you wanted to know. my tire size is 215/35/R20. let me know if you have any questions
Old 03-10-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP
Black LED tails 4 sale in the classifieds. They r mine and I am trying to sell them. They were for an 02 but they should fit the newer models. Let me know if interested.
ok ill let you know if i want to buy them. dont have the money at the moment
Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok ill let you know if i want to buy them. dont have the money at the moment
I am willing to negotiate on price. I paid about 300 for them new.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Teching In

I'd say tint the windows too - that would bring more black hue to your car. If I'm not mistaken, Illinois has recently lifted the "side front window" tint ban, so you could tint all of the windows now. I have medium tint on the back and small side glass, and it looks good. I'm debating on whether to tint the driver and passenger door glass, as I also live in Illinois. Dark tint all around makes night driving a bit more challenging, IMO.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlueChevyGuy
I'd say tint the windows too - that would bring more black hue to your car. If I'm not mistaken, Illinois has recently lifted the "side front window" tint ban, so you could tint all of the windows now. I have medium tint on the back and small side glass, and it looks good. I'm debating on whether to tint the driver and passenger door glass, as I also live in Illinois. Dark tint all around makes night driving a bit more challenging, IMO.
lol this is my 5th car. i have limo tinted all my windows except the windshield on all my cars. it doesnt bother me to get pulled over. they can suck on it. oh and i usually do like a 10in window strip. itll be done soon ill take pics
Old 03-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Teching In

lol this is my 5th car. i have limo tinted all my windows except the windshield on all my cars. it doesnt bother me to get pulled over. they can suck on it. oh and i usually do like a 10in window strip. itll be done soon ill take pics
I wasn't implying that the Monte was your first car or something, just making a suggestion about tinting the windows. Sorry if you interpreted my comment that way. I just remember a few years back another car I owned had limo tint all the way around, and it was a real pain in the *** to see anything at night.

As for the protect and serve gang, I've been pulled over a few times for tint, too. No biggie to me either but it's still a pain getting tickets. I guess you won't be getting any more tickets, if the law really did change. Don't quote me on that - I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.

I'd also have to agree that the black wheels look very good.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wasn't implying that the Monte was your first car or something, just making a suggestion about tinting the windows. Sorry if you interpreted my comment that way. I just remember a few years back another car I owned had limo tint all the way around, and it was a real pain in the *** to see anything at night.

As for the protect and serve gang, I've been pulled over a few times for tint, too. No biggie to me either but it's still a pain getting tickets. I guess you won't be getting any more tickets, if the law really did change. Don't quote me on that - I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.

I'd also have to agree that the black wheels look very good.
i wasnt trying to be rude lol i was just jokin around. were good
Old 03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Teching In

OK dude, it's all good. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun in that car. I enjoy the heck out of mine; it's been a flawless car for 50K miles so far (knock on wood.)
Old 03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK dude, it's all good. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun in that car. I enjoy the heck out of mine; it's been a flawless car for 50K miles so far (knock on wood.)
oh yea i will. esp when i start gettin mods
Old 03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

it doesnt bother me to get pulled over. they can suck on it. oh and i usually do like a 10in window strip
Congrats on the new car.

"They can suck on it"??? Think about if you were the one that had to approach a blacked out car wondering if they had a gun behind it, and what you're doing to get yanked so much you're not bothered by it.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Congrats on the new car.

"They can suck on it"??? Think about if you were the one that had to approach a blacked out car wondering if they had a gun behind it, and what you're doing to get yanked so much you're not bothered by it.
well they shouldnt get mad cuz the 11 times ive gotten pulled over i always roll down all my windows before i even stop lol
Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

well they shouldnt get mad cuz the 11 times ive gotten pulled over i always roll down all my windows before i even stop lol
Better than getting pulled out at gun point! Wow - 11 times!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The law has changed in Illinois. Here it is: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/bill...0&SessionID=76
Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do the same, even though I don't have limo tint. That and put my hand on the streering wheel. Hate em for pulling me over but respect em for doing their jobs.