LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Addco Sways..

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 03:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Addco Sways..

so i just spent about three hours installing the rear sway bad i picked from addco (upgrade to 22mm from 19mm)so anyways first off its a diffrent design so cant really tell if it properly installed but from what i understood it was except for the moog endlink bolts to small for the hole on the bar.. so drilled them out and finally get them to fit and line up i think im done and lower the car just to have it an epic fail! the driver side seems jacked up about an inch and the passenger side is dropped.. also it hit on the exhaust pushed my exhaust tips up.. remember theres a guy on naioa.com who installed them on a 2008 impala problem free so really looking for some help.please..
Old 03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

The swaybar should go above the exhaust.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, it does go above the exhaust pipe.

OMG! I can picture what this looks like and almost fall off the chair. Sorry, I can't help it. Tell people you have hydraulics installed on the car. j/k...

-Mike
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol it was above and idk what happened just left it like that last night.. would deal wit it today so i woke up lossened everything up and got the car on the floor and tightened everything back up and for some reason was hitting on the exhaust and pushed the passenger side tip up in to the bumper and frame bar..so i took it to the exhaust shop and had them adjust the Y off the magnaflow to clear the sway bar.. so good for now.. and i should have took pictures but it was horrible and i was too mad to think about it.. but glad it fixed now..
Old 03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad everything worked out. I am glad you didn't take offense for me laughing. I just couldn't help it. I have been a little depressed lately and that epic fail made me laugh so hard I cried.

Especially this..." i understood it was except for the moog endlink bolts to small for the hole on the bar.. so drilled them out and finally get them to fit and line up i think im done and lower the car just to have it an epic fail! the driver side seems jacked up about an inch and the passenger side is dropped.. also it hit on the exhaust pushed my exhaust tips up.."

All I can picture is you driving down the road with flames shooting straight up from the exhaust tips. lol... That story rocked...I needed that! Thanks Blake.

-Mike
Old 03-16-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol well im glad i helped and luckily i got it worked out.. seems like the exhaust just needed to be adjusted a bit and while i was there was really gunna use it as an excuse to remove the resonator but ran outta time before work so il prolly find another excuse and do it this weekend or next..and the sway bar was installed correct last night and stayed on just loosed it up and took a better look at everything today.. but either way so far so good been riding on a donut so cant fully try out the response but can tell the difference so far..
Old 03-16-2010, 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cool, nother part to add to my list, keep us updated with how it feels. Anyone else do this?

Quick Reply: Addco Sways..