LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Another LS4 with Trans Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UPDATE: Called the dealer on Friday and was told that the transmission has "an internal concern" and was being pulled on Saturday. I need to call back this afternoon to get status.

I assume it's going to be replaced and I'll need to beg them for a loaner car and a new torque converter.

Oye. At least it's under warranty.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

UPDATE #2:

Just got back from the dealer. The service writer said they haven't gotten to pulling the tranny out of my car yet, but that it would probably be 2 weeks to a month before I get the car back.

They gave me a loaner car: A 2010 Cadillac DTS!! At least I'll be PIMPIN' while the Impala is laid up!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
UPDATE #2:

Just got back from the dealer. The service writer said they haven't gotten to pulling the tranny out of my car yet, but that it would probably be 2 weeks to a month before I get the car back.

They gave me a loaner car: A 2010 Cadillac DTS!! At least I'll be PIMPIN' while the Impala is laid up!
Make sure you put some 24's on that bitch LOL j/k
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

MAKE SURE they change the T. conv.

-Mike
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by westtexastiger
Sounds a lot like what happened to mine, early last month. When taking off from a stop, I could feel a "pulse" (excellent way to describe that, by the way) through the car. Couple days later, I was driving my car during my work shift, and the engine started revving WAY too high. Then, the transmission wouldn't shift out of first. I had to limp the car almost 10 miles with one gear in the transmission.
This is what my car is doing. It's happens infrequently but I know something is wrong. I know if I take it to the dealer it won't act up and they won't do anything. Guess I'll just wait till it gets worse. How often did it act up before it finally went?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Usually they will give you a lesser car than what they are working on like a Malibu or Cobalt. What a great loaner!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by XFiveLiter
This is what my car is doing. It's happens infrequently but I know something is wrong. I know if I take it to the dealer it won't act up and they won't do anything. Guess I'll just wait till it gets worse. How often did it act up before it finally went?
Well, it was acting up every time I took off from a stop. It had done that for maybe a day or two, then I was going from one of my stops (at work) to another, and all of a sudden, it just wouldn't shift out of first, and I knew the transmission was toast.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

UPDATE #2:

Who did you have to sleep with to get THAT deal?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP
Make sure you put some 24's on that bitch LOL j/k
Hmm...

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
MAKE SURE they change the T. conv.

-Mike
As soon as they "officially" tell me the tranny is wasted, I'll lobby for a torque converter!

Thanks again for reinforcing that, Mike.

Originally Posted by XFiveLiter
Usually they will give you a lesser car than what they are working on like a Malibu or Cobalt. What a great loaner!
I think I wound up with a Caddy because it's a Cadillac dealer that just started servicing Chevy but has not started selling them yet. Basically, I got what they had!

Originally Posted by westtexastiger
Who did you have to sleep with to get THAT deal?
LOL...No one, but I'm going to need to do something for my wife so I can get some wheel-time in the DTS. She's adopted it for her commute, I doubt I'll get to drive it much. The Impala is her daily driver, anyway. Only the mods are mine!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with the dealer, and the trans is being rebuilt. They're also putting a new torque converter it, as it appears Mgpeagle was right: It failed and took the rest of the tranny with it.

Hopefully I don't have the post-rebuild heat problems he had!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am sure you'll be fine for another 20 to 30k miles. J/K.... I knew it was a T.C. Factory ones are a piece of $hit!!!

-Mike

Quick Reply: Another LS4 with Trans Problems?