LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

NON ls4 car problems need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
the oil is at the right level and feels and smells good, when i was messing with it the car kept cranking slower and slower till it wouldnt crank but the battery voltage was good, now when u turn the key u can hear it engage and sounds like its trying to start, i was gonna say weak starter BUT why would it stall and sputter
just had a similar problem.

Check the power out-put of the battery when cranking. If it shoots down to like 3-4 then you need a new batt. All my connectors were corrided and my terminals were clean so, yeah i put a new batt on and terminal connectors and WHAM runs like a champ. Check that. Also check the start for loose connections, i had that problem too. And also check the coil packs, ive had the sputtering problem from them as well... good luck
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98GTcoupe
just had a similar problem.

Check the power out-put of the battery when cranking. If it shoots down to like 3-4 then you need a new batt. All my connectors were corrided and my terminals were clean so, yeah i put a new batt on and terminal connectors and WHAM runs like a champ. Check that. Also check the start for loose connections, i had that problem too. And also check the coil packs, ive had the sputtering problem from them as well... good luck
finally got it to barely start and its knocking like a m*ther F*cker and wont idle and smokes, also there were metal shavings in the oil along with the rod bearing was non exsitant in the #4 cylinder.