Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh. Move Over People Are Racing. MOPAR.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The dodge dealer in the town I live has about 15 challangers, and they have the rt's in orange, purple, yellow, blue,black and red all lined up in front. I think about 3 or 4 of them have the stripes. The purple is awsome.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
it does look good. but at that price you could by a 2ss with a bunch of options that would put a ferocious beating on it.
Or a 5.0L Stang and pull on 'em both lol
Old 06-03-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah right. theres one mag out there that said the mustang is quicker everything else ive read gives the win to the camaro. regardlessits so close its a drivers race when it comes to the camaro and the mustang, but the camaro is a steal when you compare it to that absurdly over priced OHC bag of ****.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah right. theres one mag out there that said the mustang is quicker everything else ive read gives the win to the camaro. regardlessits so close its a drivers race when it comes to the camaro and the mustang, but the camaro is a steal when you compare it to that absurdly over priced OHC bag of ****.
lol, the Stang and the Camaro are priced about the same. I read one mag that ran 12.6 @ 112 completely stock, then 12.3 @ 110 on sticky DR's.

I agree that it's a drivers race, but OHC bag of ****? I don't see anything but an impressive car from the factory. Hell, even the V6's turn 13's.

The cars are comparable, it comes down to personal preference.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I love the Challenger they are so close to what they are supposed to look like and hemi powered got to love it I have one car and two trucks to pay for after that I just might!!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mels SS
I love the Challenger they are so close to what they are supposed to look like and hemi powered got to love it I have one car and two trucks to pay for after that I just might!!

Chrysler nailed the look, but not the price! lol
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree
Old 06-03-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jabronie78
and Camaros, I work in the Warren area (near the GM tech center) and see some camouflaged vehicles. Saw a Volt a few weeks ago.
true story, I'm over there quite a lot. I live like 4 miles from the milford proving grounds so I see those camo cars all the time.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
lol, the Stang and the Camaro are priced about the same. I read one mag that ran 12.6 @ 112 completely stock, then 12.3 @ 110 on sticky DR's.

I agree that it's a drivers race, but OHC bag of ****? I don't see anything but an impressive car from the factory. Hell, even the V6's turn 13's.

The cars are comparable, it comes down to personal preference.
i see a mustang thats more expensive than a camaro. whens the last time you saw that? the car is absurdly over priced. who the hell buys a mustang gt thats hovering in the $40000 range. it better be impressive for what it costs. yeah the cars are comparable. if you dont take into account you can get a 2SS and have several thousands of dollars to mod the **** out of it before you hit the price of a nice 5.0. that and LS motor modding is easier and cheaper than mod motor stuff. hell it only took them 14yrs of stuffing that slice of **** motor in that car to finally make it go with out throwing a blower on it. dont get me wrong the car makes good power now, but not a fan personally of the look and the price of it is disgusting. to each there own. i dont like swiss cheese. i think it smells like feet and tastes like its gone bad by weeks, but you may like it and think its the greatest thing out there. both opinions, and lets not forget that this is a gm forum and im the MonteMan not the MustangMan. im goin to have to go with the general on this one.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

i see a mustang thats more expensive than a camaro. whens the last time you saw that? the car is absurdly over priced. who the hell buys a mustang gt thats hovering in the $40000 range. it better be impressive for what it costs. yeah the cars are comparable. if you dont take into account you can get a 2SS and have several thousands of dollars to mod the **** out of it before you hit the price of a nice 5.0. that and LS motor modding is easier and cheaper than mod motor stuff. hell it only took them 14yrs of stuffing that slice of **** motor in that car to finally make it go with out throwing a blower on it. dont get me wrong the car makes good power now, but not a fan personally of the look and the price of it is disgusting. to each there own. i dont like swiss cheese. i think it smells like feet and tastes like its gone bad by weeks, but you may like it and think its the greatest thing out there. both opinions, and lets not forget that this is a gm forum and im the MonteMan not the MustangMan. im goin to have to go with the general on this one.
I know you're very opinionated, but where are you getting the GT hovering in the 40,000 range? The GT starts at 29,6xx, when the 1SS starts at 30,9xx. That's cheaper than the Camaro SS. GT Premium starts at 32,8xx, and 2SS starts at 33,9xx, still more expensive. I'm sure both cars optioned out can see 40K, but are comparable in price, with the GT being on the cheaper side.

I'd assume the LS3 is more mod friendly also, but there is already mid-high 11 second stock internal N/A 5.0's, as well as LS3's. They're very comparable, no need to **** on a legitimate contender just because you're pro GM.

I get the GM fanboy stuff being on this forum, but at least get legit info!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Or a 5.0L Stang and pull on 'em both lol
The new SS runs .2 quicker in some recent tests...stock for stock I'd still put it on the SS.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know you're very opinionated, but where are you getting the GT hovering in the 40,000 range? The GT starts at 29,6xx, when the 1SS starts at 30,9xx. That's cheaper than the Camaro SS. GT Premium starts at 32,8xx, and 2SS starts at 33,9xx, still more expensive. I'm sure both cars optioned out can see 40K, but are comparable in price, with the GT being on the cheaper side.

I'd assume the LS3 is more mod friendly also, but there is already mid-high 11 second stock internal N/A 5.0's, as well as LS3's. They're very comparable, no need to **** on a legitimate contender just because you're pro GM.

I get the GM fanboy stuff being on this forum, but at least get legit info!
for the gt to be comparable you have to add the brembos the wheels and the gearing. they all come standard on the 1ss. the cars in the magazine tests are mustangs with the drag pack. even if you want to buy a stripped down mustang its going to cost more than a comparable camaro just based on that alone. 1ss/2ss theres no difference in performance. a non drag pack mustang against a base mustang with nothing on it theres a difference. braking and acceleration is most probably improved by the 3.73 ring gear and the brembo brakes. thats legit info. you dont have a braking or gearing option with the camaro. so if you bought a 2ss cause you wanted a nicer radio and leather then to be fair youd have to get a premium mustang gt and throw options at it. so like a i said the mustang is more expensive if you want it to be a fair match.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

for the gt to be comparable you have to add the brembos the wheels and the gearing. they all come standard on the 1ss. the cars in the magazine tests are mustangs with the drag pack. even if you want to buy a stripped down mustang its going to cost more than a comparable camaro just based on that alone. 1ss/2ss theres no difference in performance. a non drag pack mustang against a base mustang with nothing on it theres a difference. braking and acceleration is most probably improved by the 3.73 ring gear and the brembo brakes. thats legit info. you dont have a braking or gearing option with the camaro. so if you bought a 2ss cause you wanted a nicer radio and leather then to be fair youd have to get a premium mustang gt and throw options at it. so like a i said the mustang is more expensive if you want it to be a fair match.
Ok, so the GT with 3.73's and Brembos costs less than a grand more than the 1SS with Brembos. Big woot lol.

I think it's time to give Ford credit where it's due.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, so the GT with 3.73's and Brembos costs less than a grand more than the 1SS with Brembos. Big woot lol.

I think it's time to give Ford credit where it's due.
were still on this? when i built one its more than a g, but whatever, i think a g is gears and a tune. i think that would be a raping on that stang for the same price. i give them credit. the car is cool, but the camaro is better bang for the buck at least in v8 form.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

were still on this? when i built one its more than a g, but whatever, i think a g is gears and a tune. i think that would be a raping on that stang for the same price. i give them credit. the car is cool, but the camaro is better bang for the buck at least in v8 form.

I just seen your post today. IMO neither is really better bang for the buck, but very comparable.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

if i had to choose between the two it would be the camaro. would you pick the mustang?
Old 06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

I'm the used car manager at a GM dealership in WI and have 3 Challengers on the lot right now! 2009 blue loaded SE, 2009 black 6-speed SRT8, and a 2009 metallic black 6-speed R/T! If anyone wants one come get it!

As for the Camaro/Mustang debate, my buddies dad is a HUGE ford guy and an engineer. He builds his own race cars and really examines them. After buying a 05 GT, 06 V6 for his wife, and an 08 GT500 all he does is bitch about how cheap and shitty they are put together! He had big plans for the GT but after looking over the car he decided not to do anything to it because he would have to go through EVERYTHING on the car making it what it SHOULD have been from the factory to be strong enough to support anything more than the power they come with!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i had to choose between the two it would be the camaro. would you pick the mustang?

Neither LOL I'm tossing between a CTS-V for the next ride, or getting a beater car and getting a C5 ZO6.

In all honesty, from the two I'd more than likely get the Stang. I'm not too fond of the looks of the Camaro. You really can't go wrong with either though.