LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Graphite OE SS Wheels

Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
We normally hook up with the Southern Ontario guys, too...most of the time in Fort Erie. Do either of you guys have a passport or EDL?
I have the enhanced so I'm all set. If you ever set something up let me know...BTW I keep forgetting to take a vid of my cutout, I might do it today cause it's beautiful out
Old 06-21-2010, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

This summer I am going to get my rims powdercoated gunmetal, my buddy has gunmetal rims on his white car and it looked good. So that is my plan, and keep the lugnuts chrome. Have a place right around here that does it for a far price, and I have some marks on my rims from the tire place so this will cover it up
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP
I have the enhanced so I'm all set. If you ever set something up let me know...BTW I keep forgetting to take a vid of my cutout, I might do it today cause it's beautiful out
Sounds like a plan, Nick.

I'm going to go "refresh" the meet thread over at NAIOA and see what comes up. Over the next few weeks, it's a bunch of weddings, stags, family stuff, and in late July...much needed vacation in the ADK's. Not a whole lot of time for a car meet, but I'll see what we can make happen.

Originally Posted by 06MCLTZ
This summer I am going to get my rims powdercoated gunmetal, my buddy has gunmetal rims on his white car and it looked good. So that is my plan, and keep the lugnuts chrome. Have a place right around here that does it for a far price, and I have some marks on my rims from the tire place so this will cover it up
I wonder what a "fair" price would be around here...?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Talking Black Chrome

Ok so i'm new to this site....I have done little things to the body on my car and always wanted to black it out. My gf just bought me the DP Black Chrome Paint. do you think i need to take the tires of or can i just leave them on? Also, any advice before i do this?!

Pics of my SS coming soon.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

No, I would not recommend taking the tires off. Installers can cause too much damage in the process and ruin all of your hard work.

My advice?

Make sure that the surfaces are completely degreased, clean, dry, and free of any visible damage...and make sure you coat evenly. Do not stop the spray on the surface of the wheel...nice, even strokes beginning before and extending beyond of the wheel area. Make sure to alternate directions when spraying so that you don't get dark overlapping lines.

Take all four wheels off the car and do them at the same time. Expect to spend 2 days getting this right, so find other transportation if possible. Doing two at a time is OK if you never intend to rotate the tires (it's possible if you have rubber w/a directional tread pattern...those two can stay on the same side at all times)

Also, follow the instructions and let it go 20min between coats. Not allowing enough dry time will make for poor adhesion of successive coats. Mine practically wiped away when I attempted to wetsand (two days later) a spot where the wheel must have still been greasy so the paint looked blotchy. I've sanded the wheel (almost) all the way down and plan to just paint it graphite.

You will need at least two, maybe 3 kits to do 4 wheels, depending on how dark you go. Don't start without at least a second can. Also, try not to use the last bit of each can. If it begins to "spit" out, you'll see it in the finish.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Graphite OE SS Wheels