LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DaibLew Tune Is Cookin'!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im waiting for the damn windows live thing to download so I can talk to you on there.

I never thought of it that way. I kinda always figured gas was gas haha. Surprising coming from me really. Well I suppose even the genius's have stupid common sense... LOL
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

geniuses are usually book smart... not common-sense smart... hehe...

yeah, if shitty 92 gas is causing a lot of knock retard, then you will be losing performance compared to good 91 octane that doesn't cause any....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

Do what the man says!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

I took it for a little trip to a town 40 miles away, and let me tell you...much more passing power at 3/4 throttle. Amazing.

I am running this gas out and then will replace with good 93 and will have it retuned and should see even better results.

THEN I am gonna put the stock tune in for a day or so and then switch it to the custom tune. For fun.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Just a FYI - I was able to pass the Illinois emissions test with the DiabLew custom tune and Magnaflow catback...Thought it might be a problem, but passed with flying colors.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Lew please dont say BP
Old 06-10-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Lew also got the the power and the computer cable today will hook up soon.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Lew also got the the power and the computer cable today will hook up soon.
good deal man, sounds good!

yeah, sorry for hitting a sore spot with anyone for mentioning the BP brand gas... heh...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 06-11-2010, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS
Just a FYI - I was able to pass the Illinois emissions test with the DiabLew custom tune and Magnaflow catback...Thought it might be a problem, but passed with flying colors.
sweet!

yeah, shouldn't have any issues whatsoever... hell, the car's running more efficiently now with the tune, than it was stock...

Old 06-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to get a Dyno tune but this sounds interesting. Never really looked into a handheld but I like the idea. With all my mods it seems I'm running rich from the way the car responds, can I get some more information as to the cost , custom support etc. Is this typical to send in the stock file to have it adjusted, the Trinity sounds like the way I might possibly go.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

I was planning on getting retuned since I have the headers installed. How does this handheld tuner work? Do you by the trinity tuner and then plug it into the car and drive it to collect logs? Then send the logs to Lew? I would rather send some cahs lew's way for custom tuning when I made a new mod if the Trinity allows this sort of fine tuning to be made.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Garou24
I was planning on getting retuned since I have the headers installed. How does this handheld tuner work? Do you by the trinity tuner and then plug it into the car and drive it to collect logs? Then send the logs to Lew? I would rather send some cahs lew's way for custom tuning when I made a new mod if the Trinity allows this sort of fine tuning to be made.
unfortunately, your 2008 model year Impala is not supported...

only the 06's are... different ecm's...

Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by higsy
I was going to get a Dyno tune but this sounds interesting. Never really looked into a handheld but I like the idea. With all my mods it seems I'm running rich from the way the car responds, can I get some more information as to the cost , custom support etc. Is this typical to send in the stock file to have it adjusted, the Trinity sounds like the way I might possibly go.
you get the Trinity... install one of the canned tunes to your car so that it saves a copy of the original backup stock tune....

do a steady driving/cruising data log on the highway...

then use diablosport's DSDownloader program to export a copy of your original backup stock tune file...

and use their DataViewer program to download the saved/recorded data log you did...

send me both files....

I create a custom tune for your car and email it back...

you import that file to the Trinity and then install the new custom tune to your car, and VOILA!!

Quick Reply: DaibLew Tune Is Cookin'!