LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

anyone else got an slp installed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stlsillest
i personally wouldnt do it. its not worth the time or money.
Would it be too raspy or something??
Old 06-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP
Would it be too raspy or something??
depends on what you like...but with my experience with magnaflow a res delete in a catback, your not making it louder, your just begging for a raspy sound,some say more drone. with a magnaflow catback and headers or a catless dp with the res would probaly be the best step.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

depends on what you like...but with my experience with magnaflow a res delete in a catback, your not making it louder, your just begging for a raspy sound,some say more drone. with a magnaflow catback and headers or a catless dp with the res would probaly be the best step.
Yeah...what I really want is a catless DP but I need a cat to pass emission testing for inspections. I could always swap them out before inspections, but it'd be too much of a PITA for me LOL.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah with the resonators off, it will be raspy as f*&K!!!!! but me personally, i love my car loud and obnoxious (sorry for all guys that like their rides quiet). my neighbors love it though.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

I just heard Dom's (1CL3AN) set up with the DT headers and the Magnaflow catback. Its almost silent at idle. Quieter than stock.

Catless DP + no res + your choice of mufflers is the ideal setup. The resonator isn't the cure of rasp in the system. It just mellows the tone. The rasp is from our retarded exhaust setup. Stupid manifolds into a half-assed downpipe with an uneven y pipe....great.

Yes its can be loud depending on your choice of mufflers.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I just heard Dom's (1CL3AN) set up with the DT headers and the Magnaflow catback. Its almost silent at idle. Quieter than stock.

Catless DP + no res + your choice of mufflers is the ideal setup. The resonator isn't the cure of rasp in the system. It just mellows the tone. The rasp is from our retarded exhaust setup. Stupid manifolds into a half-assed downpipe with an uneven y pipe....great.

Yes its can be loud depending on your choice of mufflers.
i have catless DP + no res + super 44s and i think it sounds pretty decent. my change in my cup holder is always rattling at idle.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by williamGT

Hey I have those rims,Damn they look good on a GXP...

Originally Posted by Nick_Nasty's_GXP
I was thinking bout deleting the res on my magnaflow exhaust, but I was wondering (for those who have the res delete), does it sound like or does it sound decent??
I have no res,with CAI,headers & magnaflows...I love the sound of my ride,I was told it was pretty "QUIET"...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSCoop
carlocrusader whats the item number and etc for your exhaust because im going to go with that and add a 3 inch down pipe and of course delete the mufflers and resonator

Part Number: SLE-31028M sorry for the delay guys!

Quick Reply: anyone else got an slp installed?