Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lew been on call at work this week can we start Monday after work
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

Bringing this one back to life guys!

I think we are having this issue...We had an issue first off with the ECU being different than the other previous years...I have the E67 ECU...we had to use HPT beta stuff to pull out torque management from the tune...it kept pulling timing up top at WOT...some of you guys probably remember my posts about that?

Well..went and tuned yesterday and got her all buttoned up and boosting on 10.5psi...it feels freaking incredible! everything is humming nicely! I did end up maxing out my 72lb injectors though! LOL

We were starting to experience that old familiar foe of bucking...but this time it was down low from like a 20 to 35mph roll and just hammering it...tires would spin all the way through 2nd and bottom part of 3rd and then it would just fall on its face...like no motor there and my pedal was just dead stick!!

Other times we tried a couple of real low rpm and low speed dumps just hammering it and it slopped and stuttered and bucked and would pull out of it...

We tried some mid range stuff like building up a little slower into WOT...but once again...started to buck...but no wheel spin?

Only time it would not buck is when it was a very gradual increase and no wheel spin here either...and would just sing up top very nicely!! this was were we had the trq management issues last time...up top..but nothing up there now as far as that goes

Trq mgnt is set off with the beta still like I said...but when we looked at the logs, they showed a HUUUUUGGGEEE reduction in timing during these "bucking" episodes...like -21*!!! LOL...no wonder I had no damned pedal! Im also awaiting if he saw, or could see my tb blade close...as this is what some of the other guys in here said it caused.

I remember having some of this at the track last year during some of my first runs after the really rich E85 tune...only at the line and it would just fall on its face and then pick back up!?!?! lol...now it makes a little since and seems highly probable that this could be the problem...

So, chime on in and ask some questions...my tuner has been made aware...and I haven't confirmed with him at this time if those are turned off or not...i did send him the link to this thread and the HPT Tq Mngt table of the HPT section on here.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always full of excellent info
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Well, tuner advised that the diff antiscore mode is disabled in the tune...I brought up the fact that the beta stuff has been pretty glitchy...and we loaded a bunch beta in this car due to the lack of support at first for the ECU...but now things seem to be getting better...but now we are pitching that it is a glitch...so, we are gonna have to get toghether again here within the next few weeks and try flashing in with the older beta version or read and rewrite with the original release. We will see if this works...fingers crossed...if not...might be **** out of luck until HPT gets the SD software capabilities up and running for this (E67) ECU.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey lew anything new with tuning the trans yet?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

yeah, bumping this again...regardless of the tuning software there is gotta be some further info out there and people having some of these same issues?? I took a look at what I could on EFI LIVE and HPT forum...found some interesting stuff around the same "bucking" and loosing timing we were...and some of those guys said they solved the problem in SD tunes by simply adding "1" to the entire VE table..which ours is a virtual VE anyways...I guess EFI said that there were code errors in certain OS's of the E67...so some buggs in them...As far as the virtual VE table, this ECU didnt have one like the others...Closest my tuner has come up with is that the answer could be held in fuel injector scaling...but he really doesnt want to do that cause he said it would take values away from the trans tune...and he just doesnt want to go that route...I still hollar glitchy beta and stubborn ECU!! some said that it is probably the MAF not calculating the torque values correctly by the air flowing in...so could be too much air flow too LOL...that what a lot of these guys are saying...

Did some talking with some other e67 tuned guys with boost and they are having no issues?? for whatever reason I am..all the tq mngt is turned off and disabled in the tune...all the values are maxed out in corresponding tables.

So, still in dark a bit...I dont have logs or much access to them...tuner is hit and miss getting a hold of him..Im just playing the waiting game now..

This bitch has its days!! LOL