LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

flex pipe on DT Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flex pipe on DT Headers

for the people who have replaced the flex pipe i was wondering where you ordered it from. im ready to get them on my car but not until that is fixed
Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

A few of them got them from vibrant performance, I got mine from Pacesetters and am going to try it and see if it works. Although I never heard the "whistle" since I haven't installed my headers yet, I'd rather get it done before I put them on rather than after.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
A few of them got them from vibrant performance, I got mine from Pacesetters and am going to try it and see if it works. Although I never heard the "whistle" since I haven't installed my headers yet, I'd rather get it done before I put them on rather than after.
yea thats what im doing. i know if i install them i will just keep putting it off
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Got mine from lightning motorsports, I think it was $45. I haven't had the headers installed yet but I had the flex swapped out last week for $20.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lb06mcss
Got mine from lightning motorsports, I think it was $45. I haven't had the headers installed yet but I had the flex swapped out last week for $20.
would you beable to send me a link? the guy at the exhaust shop said that it probably whistles becuz that braided mesh stuff isnt on the inside of the flex pipe also.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Launching!

I am doing the same as IMPSS07. I too ordered the pacessetter and don't have them on yet as I'm going to do everything at once... In hindsight I would have made sure the braiding is on the inside and out, AND, paid extra and taken it to a more reputable shop. I just wasn't impressed with their quality.

Anywho, this is all I did:
From Summit I ordered the flex section from pacessetter and header flanges (if not you'll have to weld directly to your header). I also ordered gaskets and a cut-out but those are optional.
I took those pieces to my local muffler shop who could weld stainless. *please note, it's important to keep the angles on the section, or else it won't bolt up*
Once complete, I took that section and had the ceramic coating replaced.

So now, I have a Y section that has a new flex section, a flange, and is ceramic coated; just like what should have come on it in the first place.