LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Transmission Upgrade Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For results of this project, see https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...-upgrades.html
Old 01-18-2011, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
The valve is about $5.00. And after spending some time at the shop yesterday when I pickled up my car, I learned that it MAY be possible to replace this with the trans in the car, but it's exceedingly difficult. I was told it's probably easier just to pull the the tranny.
have a link to order it?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS4_SS
have a link to order it?
I got mine from Dave @ TEP. You can probably just call him and he could probably have it to you by the weekend. He's in Indiana.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

Mine totally blew up last night so i need more than the valve now. haha
Old 09-20-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got my new trans from dealer last month,put the cooler and transgo shift package from tsp-like night and day don't care if they don't cover it as they tried to find something i did to trans last time-nothing-but they looked then replaced it took 3 weeks no courtesy car nothing,was pissed now not since upgrades which i wouldn't have known about except for this site,thank you
Old 09-25-2014, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superglide9375
i got my new trans from dealer last month,put the cooler and transgo shift package from tsp-like night and day don't care if they don't cover it as they tried to find something i did to trans last time-nothing-but they looked then replaced it took 3 weeks no courtesy car nothing,was pissed now not since upgrades which i wouldn't have known about except for this site,thank you
3 weeks ? When i had my 2002 monte carlo i had several issues with the transmission. I had it in the dealership literally 5 times. First the sungear shatterd when i put it in reverse. Then it had a issue with the valve boddy where it got nicked and would cause the computer to go into some type of limp mode making it 100% pressure. Then where they took it apart it leaked where they coudnt get it to seal anymore and needed a bell. Then after they replaced the bell the car would drop out of gear at idle "seal issue" then after they finally got everything fixed i got T-boned , anyways during all of that i got a rental every time and they fixed it no questions asked , it was one of those certified 100,000 mile warrantys. squeaky wheel gets the oil , or use a hammer and start making people sqeeke
Old 09-27-2014, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default trans

yea service writer told me they want dealer to try to fix before replace,they put solenoids converter,other **** before they even called me,they said i could drive it until they get parts,i said no,they took it apart 3 times when i told them it was gone.clowns,i took it off lot and thought i felt shudder but i put some miles on it and it seemed fine,but now really fine-love it with the transgo beef up and the diablew tune-rocket lol

Quick Reply: Transmission Upgrade Project