LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DP's Detailing Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
he is trading it in next week so that will be someone elses problem lol
As long as you know what happens when you use water to wash the motor on those fords.
Originally Posted by Mels SS
You drive them in the rain don't you same thing
when you use water to wash the motor you get water down in the coils and they develop missfires and it becomes costly.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i use a degreaser then agitate it with a boars hair brush....i use enough water to get the degreaser off and thats about it...doesnt get much wetter then when its driven in the rain.

always nice to see the transformation from everyday driver parking lot cruiser to freshly detailed ... even if it is parking lot cruiser

i just dont know how people can get in their car everyday and not care about it, i refuse to ride with a few of my friends because their interior makes me want to ... i even detailed my good friends car with him to make sure i didnt have to ride in it like that ... and how does he show his gratitude, he hasnt washed it since ...
i know what you mean.....ive seen some really nice cars with owners who dont give a ****...pretty sad to spend money on something and let it go down the *******
Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
i use a degreaser then agitate it with a boars hair brush....i use enough water to get the degreaser off and thats about it...doesnt get much wetter then when its driven in the rain.

i know what you mean.....ive seen some really nice cars with owners who dont give a ****...pretty sad to spend money on something and let it go down the *******
yeah its what i do with the engine compartment as well, i use the same degreaser spray i mix up for my wheels and wheel wells on the engine, door sills, and to clean the exhaust pipes at first ... then i spin the nozzle on the spray bottle to get it a more jet like spray rather than fan tipped, and get precise under the hood, let it sit for a few minutes and then come back with an old brush thats got about a 2 foot handle on it and go to work, start the car up, then come back with the hose and LIGHTLY spray it down at about 10% percent of the output of the hose dial with my thumb for compression ... close the hood and let it run while i clean the rims/tires/ and pipes and it usually dry/ bakes off the water in that time, spray a little armor all or plastic/ tire shine and then close the hood and wash all the excess crap off the paint before actually washing the car ...

jesus dude, dont get me started with the "NICE" cars that get abused, i see audi's, bmw's, cadi's, mercedes, whatever they might be, with so much brake dust on the rims, you would swear they were gun metal instead of chrome ... i like to run up to cars in parking lots and wip off one blade or section of the rim with my foot just to highlight the difference ...

cars know what you do for them, even if it is purely aesthetic ... the car knows and i think appreciates it in the long run ... you know all spiritual and **** ??? ... hope no one thinks im crazy with that one ...
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont but im not normal when it comes to how i treat cars either lol
Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
jesus dude, dont get me started with the "NICE" cars that get abused, i see audi's, bmw's, cadi's, mercedes, whatever they might be, with so much brake dust on the rims, you would swear they were gun metal instead of chrome ... i like to run up to cars in parking lots and wip off one blade or section of the rim with my foot just to highlight the difference ...

cars know what you do for them, even if it is purely aesthetic ... the car knows and i think appreciates it in the long run ... you know all spiritual and **** ??? ... hope no one thinks im crazy with that one ...
People don't take "pride in their ride". I pay a lot of money for my stuff and I want it to last a long time. I keep my stuff clean and it shows that I respect it and care for it. The wife thinks I'm crazy but that's just me. She doesn't complain when I wash and detail her Highlander.

I was driving down the road last week and I see a guy in an older Chrysler 300M that was clean and detailed and I get the guys attention and tell him "That's nice" and he smiled and waved back at me. He spent some time on his car and I let him know about it.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Launching!

my neighbors constantly give me **** whenever i wash mine, so much so that i take to washing it when they are at work or not around because one of these times im going to go off on them rather than explaining it again ...

"i like my car, i like it to look good because i care about it, and IT IS NOT JUST A ******* TOOL ... its a hobby/ passion/ stress relief ( which clearly you dont get ) and makes the at the end of the day taste that much better when you have something to admire in the driveway"

speaking of which, seeing as i need to get a video/pictures of the new system, and CAI installed im going to clean it today ...

so what if its only 52 degrees ... it isnt freezing yet is it ?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

im sittin at 41* right now and ill be out in my garage cleanin mine up since i neglected it to do the truck
Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

a 2009 buick enclave was my next job....just finished it up today...the paint was in pretty good shape...they only took it through touchless car washes and air dried it on the way home so there isnt goin to be a lot of "wow" shots of the exterior...the interior was a different story....enjoy

befores

afters

the new grand prix lol

Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

great work i wish you were closer to upstate ny as i need a detail done on my car.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Those are really sharp looking cars.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Junkie

You do a very good job my friend!! I ordered one of Adams products
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-423-a...paste-wax.aspx
Tell me about it DP? I want to give it a try. To see what works better than Surf City, or Zainos.
And what do you use to clean the engine bay?

Last edited by Mels SS; 11-14-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man I love your work/pics!! great job please keep em coming,......
Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Again, another awesome job!!

What do you use on the seats, especially seats with different textures?

Is it a 2-step? Clean and seal?

My seats get that same dingy appearence because it is light-colored (Titanium DreamWeave).
Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Mels SS
You do a very good job my friend!! I ordered one of Adams products
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-423-a...paste-wax.aspx
Tell me about it DP? I want to give it a try from Surf City, and Zainos.
And what do you use to clean the engine bay?
i have 1 almost empty jar of Americana and one full one....it is the easiest wax i have ever applied and wiped off...put it on one panel, move to the next, then go back and wipe off then repeat...i can wax my whole car in 20 minutes with it since you dont need to wait for it to haze over...it really adds some amazing depth...you wont be disappointed....i use Adam's All Purpose Cleaner to clean off the **** and dress it with Adam's VRT and their In and Out Spray.

Originally Posted by Super LaX
Again, another awesome job!!

What do you use on the seats, especially seats with different textures?

Is it a 2-step? Clean and seal?

My seats get that same dingy appearence because it is light-colored (Titanium DreamWeave).
i clean it with Adam's leather and interior cleaner...spray on then wipe with a microfiber...tougher stains get a lil scrub with Adam's interior brush....i condition them with Adams leather conditioner...**** is awesome
Old 11-14-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks my friend
Old 11-16-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

not a problem Mel!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

The Americana came today I will try it this week end and let you know!!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

im sure you wont be disappointed and hell if you are you get 110% back
Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool!! I will let you know!!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry no pics lol....spring cant come fast enough...its sad when i bust out my detailing supplies to make the plasma tv nice and shiny....got 2 details lined up already for the end of april, beginning of may and one of them is off of here (HuggerOrangeZ).....3 more months and the saving for the inferno begins...should have it by the middle of summer

Last edited by DP 08 GXP; 02-04-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: DP's Detailing Pics