LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DP's Detailing Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you think thats horrible, should have seen the sable i picked up it was wrote off inside
Old 05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

well its all done and another customer satisfied....here are some more pics

headlights and exhaust before

and after

paint shots

Old 09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

havent had any real details outside of the wash and wax jobs so i thought id share this recent one....not sure on the year but its a Ford F-250 super duty....got to drive it to my house and the thing is real quick...i think he has a tuner for it...the turbo sounded pretty damn sweet too....well it is his work truck so it sees a lot of use....here is what it started out with tonight...it fit in my garage by about 1/4"....final pics will be tomorrow

Old 09-11-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF happened in the engine bay?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
WTF happened in the engine bay?
i dont know exatly what it was but it came off pretty easy....im thinking dried mud
Old 09-12-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

got her all done...a little over 8 hours for this monster...paint came out pretty close to perfect minus a few spots that woulda needed wet sanded....truck was a PITA to work on since i needed a step stool to do anything in the engine and hood....enjoy

some more befores

and the afters

Last edited by DP 08 GXP; 09-12-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 09-12-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good and big haha
Old 09-12-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
looks good and big haha
thanks and yeah maneuvering that thing was a pain in the ***.....biggest one ive had yet so im hoping for a civic for the next one lol
Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

first detail ive posted in 4 months and i get no love.....sad sad day
Old 09-14-2011, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

What a beast of a truck. Your arms must look like popeye by now!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
What a beast of a truck. Your arms must look like popeye by now!
i think they are longer now from all the reaching to do the hood and roof lol
Old 09-14-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

looks great DP i wish you lived closer loll
Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks....only 2 hours and 40 minutes from me...i think you could cut that down to 2 hours lol
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn ... you did a hell of a job man, like always.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like you do a pretty damn good job. i wish i could take more pics of the stuff i do. you do a good job taking pics
Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 AM

Ok, I thought I knew my fair share about car detailing. Now I feel like the guy waving you into the robowash LOL *points to the antenna down, foot off brake, car in neutral sign* haha. I have an 08 SS, white. The bumper cover needs repaint or replace on the front as it was repainted horribly and is peeling. Probably need Dr. Colorchip on the hood for the stonemarks. How do you get swirls out of white paint so well? I've tried every product by hand that I can think of, thinking its time to upgrade to powertools, so what would you suggest for a novice thats only ever waxed by hand? I'd like to get the existing swirls out, then seal / wax the crap outta it as snow season is well on its way. Any imput greatly appreciated!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PsyberEMT
Ok, I thought I knew my fair share about car detailing. Now I feel like the guy waving you into the robowash LOL *points to the antenna down, foot off brake, car in neutral sign* haha. I have an 08 SS, white. The bumper cover needs repaint or replace on the front as it was repainted horribly and is peeling. Probably need Dr. Colorchip on the hood for the stonemarks. How do you get swirls out of white paint so well? I've tried every product by hand that I can think of, thinking its time to upgrade to powertools, so what would you suggest for a novice thats only ever waxed by hand? I'd like to get the existing swirls out, then seal / wax the crap outta it as snow season is well on its way. Any imput greatly appreciated!
Im with this guy,I dont have bad swirls just annoying little swirls here and there.I just clay bar the car last wknd and did the leather cleaning & condintioning.It came out good in my eyes but Im no pro,just looking for tips to improve

**EDIT : Clay bar for the first time **
Old 09-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

it is truly amazing the transformation a vehicle can take on with a quality detail...
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks everyone

Originally Posted by PsyberEMT
doing any kind of polishing by hand on paint that has even moderate damage is goin to be hard to get the results i got...a machine is really the only way to correct paint in a timely manner and to get good results...a good buffer to start off with is a porter cable 7424...thats what i started out with...0 chance of burning the paint but still gives good results....takes a little while since it is orbital but when you are just starting out its more of a safety thing til you get the hang of it....i moved on to the flex 3401 which has forced rotation...can it damage your paint...yes....but i honestly think you would have to be trying to do it because it is still dual action......good product goes a long way...i use Adam's products but there are also other good ones out there...over the counter crap is just that (90% of the time)....some other products i know that work good is mequiars 105 and 205...menzerna and zaino....get a good wash using dawn to strip any old wax off....give it a good claying after that...a little trick i learned was when you are done claying put your hand in a plastic baggie and gently go across the paint...it magnifies your ability to feel contaminants that are still on the paint versus just using your hand....after it is smooth polish away until you get the results you are looking for...seal with a good wax that will last longer then 2 months....the sealant i use lasted 8 months before it needed applied again and that was going through a lot of salt, snow and touchless washes.

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Im with this guy,I dont have bad swirls just annoying little swirls here and there.I just clay bar the car last wknd and did the leather cleaning & condintioning.It came out good in my eyes but Im no pro,just looking for tips to improve

**EDIT : Clay bar for the first time **
see above....white is a tough color to see swirls in unless it was like this truck...the right lights really help finding them...any other questions fire away or shot me a pm cuz i enjoy sharing the knowledge i have about detailing

Quick Reply: DP's Detailing Pics