LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Navagation Retrofit MCSS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navagation Retrofit MCSS??

I want to do the swap but ive got some questions Ive been doing a little investigating. I have seen the write up for it done on the Impala SS with the bose, but im still a little unsure if it will work on the monte carlo ss. I checked the amp thats in my monte carlo. The sticker on it says it is made by "Panasonic Automotive System" but i have the same radio that came
equip with the Bose sound system in the impala ss ( the one with a 6 dsk changer). So ive checked my rpo codes and i have a US9 which is the the head unit with the cd changer. I also have a U87 which is the type of sound
system which is listed as a SPEAKER SYSTEM,CUSTOM,PREMIUM PREMIUM AUDIO SYS. Were as the rpo for the impala (UQ3) says SPEAKER SYSTEM,PERFORMANCE ENHANCED AUDIO ENHANCED SPKR SYS/BOSE PREMIUM 8 SPEAKER SOUND in its description (i have 6 speakers in total)

Just trying to make sure the navigation will work in my car considering the fact that i dont exactly have the bose amp but the same bose head unit. I
would just hate to pay for a HU and im unable to use it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see why it wouldn't work, as the important thing is covered: You have an external amp, which Nav radio does not have.

Just make sure you go to a dealer where the TechII guy knows what he's doing. You may need to be with him when he does it if they're not sure how to do it.

BTW- I'm the one that did the write-up on the Impala Nav retrofit. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool thanks..