LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Factory Navigation Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Yep. Huge fan of the factory look. Most aftermarket head units look tacky and ugly.
Originally Posted by jediknight120
x2, I love a clean factory look and I'd pay extra for a factory navigation system to get that look. Call me strange, lol.
I would like to get the factory navu for my car just dont have the money now to do it
Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ATLterrell
And the sticker on the side of it says it came out of a 2006 Buick, still has the green back lighting.
I'm guessing that came out of a Lucerne CXS as the LaCrosse never offered Nav until 2010.

I like the factory look too, BTW.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
I would like to get the factory navu for my car just dont have the money now to do it
Ditto.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Yep. Huge fan of the factory look. Most aftermarket head units look tacky and ugly.
Totally agree they can look out of place. I don't think mine looks too bad. The controls for my AM sound system are far better than anything with the factory units, which was a big factor in my decision. Only major diff is AM unit protrudes from the dash, where the factory one recedes into it.
Factory Navigation Update-img-20101024-00054.jpg
Old 11-19-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is the unit i got...pioneer avic f90-bt...i like it a lot especially the bluetooth and my sons loves watching all his dvds while we are on the road....too bad its going in hibernation mode for the next 6 months

Old 11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks 4 all the complements guys...the main reason i went with th factory nav is because most aftermarkets (regardless of functionality) look wierd and out of place. Most of them have a glossy finish with tiny buttons, were as the factory dash has a matte finish. And then there the issue of buying a wire harness 4 the onstar and another device to keep the steering wheel controls. I was going to buy Rosen GM0710, which a factory look aftermarket navigation but the graphical features are not appealing for the $1500 price tag. Dont get me wrong aftermarkets are nice, my last car i had an avic D3 great system but nothing compares to the sleek design of a factory nav. Im the type of person that when someone looks at something in or on my car i want them to ask the question. "wow is that factory"????? Not "oh another pioneer i had one of those." and also theres a device made by scoche for the factory nav that connects 2 the xm receiver and will connect and play ur ipod which can be controlled by the ipod or the nav screen and it shows the artist, title, and album something im going to be getting.... But to each his on... I luv the way the unit sounds, fuctions, and looks.....

Oh yhea .... R.I.P. Pimp C. LoL
Old 11-19-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

is that the same navi in the GXP's?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
this is the unit i got...pioneer avic f90-bt...i like it a lot especially the bluetooth and my sons loves watching all his dvds while we are on the road....too bad its going in hibernation mode for the next 6 months

The only issue I see with watching DVDs (aftermarket only - stock does not play DVDs) in the GXP is that the dash area is angled towards to the driver. Kind of inconvenient for the passengers, lol.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Teching In

sweet swap ATLterrell

Quick Reply: Factory Navigation Update