LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

How many of you guys spray??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you guys spray??

From reading the track time compilation thread, it seems that not a single member has reported track times with nitrous. I will eventually spraying my car after I build the transmission, but I'd like to hear some first hand experience from LS4 owners.

Do you think that 150 shot (wet) is overkill on a stock bottom end 5.3 with a TEP tranny?

Joe.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default N20

For first hand experience you should try talking to Ross aka "spray da boost". I have a wet kit on my car that I will be using this spring at the track. Some of my research suggested that our pistons will not like a big shot. Therefore I have decided to go conservative and follow Ross's path and limit my shot to more then a 100.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a 150 shot would start to worry me i am hooking up a 100 shot to mine after the first of the year and im not all that worried, if you haven't used nitrous before i suggest you talk to some one that has there are a lot of variables that come in to play but if you dont have a hp tuner i would frown on the nitrous you need to take timing out of the ignition when you spray or bad sh*t happens its not a consistent scale on how much timing needs taken out when you spray a motor, but if you run a 100 shot i would take out 3-4 degrees and you should be fine hope it helps,
Old 11-25-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Im not a complete stranger to nitrous, and it will most definately have a seperate nitous tune before spraying (since spray would be track only). I was just hoping for some first hand info from some fellow ls4 guys. So, it sounds like a 100 shot might be the limit on a stock motor huh? Well, that will still put a smile on my face lol. Im looking forward to seeing track times from more nitrous guys!

Last edited by crazyjoe; 11-25-2010 at 08:38 PM.