LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Engine is apart, houston we have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, the service variable power steering warning light is still coming on every time I start the car, is there a calibration for that I need to follow or anything. I have driven the car about 70 miles since being repaired and it still comes on. The car steers greet, however it still comes on.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Your engine contains both springed units and non-spring units. Don`T panic, give me a few minuites to try an scan the pages to you.. Got to crank up the relic
!

I have no faith the IMG thing is going to work... so here is a backup

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...lvelifter1.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...lvelifter2.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...lvelifter3.jpg
Where did you get your service manual?

I think I'm going to try to fix what the dealer suspects is a collapsed lifter myself. Even if it's worse than just the lifter, I'll still have a non running car with more money in my pocket than if I let the dealer charge 8 hrs of labor just to remove and replace the cylinder head.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ill_Born has the actual manuals by GM... it's a 3 volume set:

http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/sit...oduct/GMP06WCI

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Teching In

I am having the same issue. just replaced my plugs and wires and a few weeks later my car was making a "ticking noise". not just at start up, but all the time. so is it a dead lifter like yours? I will most likely have it replaced at a shop. any idea how much it'd cost?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Teching In

its an 05 and its got about 93k miles on it.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 PM

Default Lifters

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
Thats some pretty nasty looking carnage. I wonder what happened to the pieces, of the lifter?
My lifters looked perfect except for the fact that my DOD lifter spring was compressed and is stuck. I had metal dust all over the lifter guide and pushrod. I ended up replacing all of my lifters just to be on the safe side. I used the noisy *** G8, DOD versions made by Eaton 12569256. Eaton,s have three slots in the top piece. I should have bought the Delphi versions which have two slots.
I found the same thing with mine. Intake dod lifter on cylinder number 7 was dead. Spring was collapsed and it was stuck up in the bore. The end of the lifter looked fine. Not sure why it was stuck, gave it a tap with a hammer and tugged the hell out of it and it came out. Whatever happened, it took out the rocker arm too. Maybe the rocker arm went first, I don't know.

Quick Reply: Engine is apart, houston we have a problem