LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Remote Start Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Question

Sometimes when I go to use my remote start it won't work. When I get in the car and try and activate it, the display reads "Remote Start Disabled".
I've done it to where I remotely started the car, it timed out, then was disabled. Other times it just says this and won't start.
I have never had any check engine lights and except the CAI it's completely stock.
I try to always lock twice so that I hear the horn or see the lights flash, then press the remote start button, but there are times it doesn't go just like that.
Am I disabling it through some combination of buttons i'm hitting?
Probably in the owners manual but it's 5 degrees out and, well, that should kinda speak for itself.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can only remote start the car twice before it will disable and you have you start it with the key. Once you start with the key the remote start is then again enabled and the remote start counter reset.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Launching!

While the car is running by remotely starting, you can press the remote starter button to restart the cycle correct?

If that's the case, it sounds like i'm getting a little happy with the remote start button...
Old 01-10-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes and each time , First start with it is 10 min. next is 5 if you use it to keep it running, and then the key must be used as it becomes disabled as a saftey feature.
and
you must press the lock button twice always before you activate it (auto start)

Quick Reply: Remote Start Question