LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was just an alignment, I got the new wheelsput on and the hub was too long so the wheel wasnt mounting properly so the dealer wasnt able to do the alignment then and I had to get some spacers and then everything was good.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Tire wear issue update

I know this thread is a bit old, but…..
If you do some research you will find that several GM cars during that same time frame have the same issue. The most notable being the Impala. Chevy issued a recall notice on all of the 08 Police Impalas, but none of the others. A law suit was filed, and is currently seeking class action status, against Chevy for not recalling all of the other Impalas that were affected by this parts issue. If you look, you will see that many 07-08 Grand Prix owners have the same issue. The part in question is the rear lateral rods, (on the Impala) or spindle rods on the Grand Prix. It appears that it is the same part. A recall notice is out for the Police Impala, with instructions on replacement parts. I’m going to call the dealership tomorrow and compare part numbers. I have to believe that the same issue in both vehicles with the same results has to be attributable to the same failed part. Stand by for further…….
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
08032A%20bulletin.pdf (55.1 KB, 290 views)
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bmr laterals will fix it...
Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 PM

Default Update!!!

Ok, if you look above you will see the posting for my rear tire and alignment issue. I called GM Corp HQ and talked with a service rep. Told him about the issue and the bulletin. Explained that originally the part numbers were the same for both cars. If the part was defective in the Impalla, than it is defective in the GP GXP. GM said “ok” …..(stunned, I tell ya) and scheduled me with a local dealership for repairs. Not only did they replace the spindle rods, ( 1.0 deg. correction right off the bat), but the rear bearings as well. Go GM!!!! Not often you get to say that one. Anyway, long story short. Ask and ye shall receive. If you are having the same issue, print out the link that I listed earlier and call GM.
Good luck!

Quick Reply: GXP Suspension