LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

superchips cortex 2950 problems

Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry superchips cortex 2950 problems

ok first is logging in to the updater is a constant problem. first it was constant verify email now its constantly login failed. i have had my password reset 4 times. twice from a superchips rep. i have unistalled the program multiple times and reinstalled it still with the same problems. only twice i have got it to login and when i went to update the software even after 2 hours it never finishes so im kinda worried that im not getting the proper tune. also i have the same problem with there website not recognizing my password. now i have tuned my vehicle even though im worried about the update problem. gas mileage has went down performance is up but im have a major problem with my car surging. when u get on it hard its fine but say you just want to pick up 5 or 10mph slowly getting on the gas. well when i do that my car surges bad for example if its at 2000 rpms it will jump to 2400 then back to 2000 then back to 2400 over and over till u reach your desired speed. when i mean surging it aint everyonce in a while its like every second. its very annoying. its like my dod is kicking in and out over and over but it dont say it on my dash or its my torque converter unlocking and locking over and over. and i want to call superchips but they are only open hours convient for them. they are open 8 to 5 monday thru friday eastern well i work 7 to 5 central and my company is not keen for me to be on the phone at work. guess im gonna have to take a vaca day just to talk to superchips. quite frankly i have this thing for a monthe and have had nothin but problems with the tune and there websights. its really upsetting i spent 400 bucks for a hassle. im about to turn it back to stock and use it for a paperweight. im not saying that it aint a good tuner cause it probably is but trying to get it right is freaking exhausting. i need some help here cause i dont want to give up on this thing its been a month dealing with it. and i think superchips needs to remember there are other time zones to this country and should do something about their customer service hours. please shed me some light here. im getting tired
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Id like to hear your resolution to this as I was considering the programmer but may just never mess with it.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it still under warrenty?
If so get a full refund! DEMAND IT!!!
Then get a real handheld unit....

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=50
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

has it ever updated because their is only one tune for our cars they dont plan on doing any more updates is what i was told by them i have one and had no problems what so ever and now i have it on my cobalt ss/tc also i know it takes almost an hr before you can log on after they change your password
Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Regular

I experience the same things with mine. I just deal with it because I will be dyno tuned soon when I do my headers, intake, and 3" exhaust. I really wish I had discovered this website before I bought it. It would have saved me $400. I really did not know the aftermarket was dead when I bought my car. Thought that it was the same community as the other lsx motors. I was sadly disappointed. But, I have learned a lot from you all and enjoy getting on here everyday to chat and learn more about my car. But to be honest, if I were you, I would ditch the Superchips and get a Diablo or find a person who deals with HP tunes. You last and best viable option is to get dyno tuned when you get several mods under your belt.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I had it, I didnt expierence any issues with it. I wonder if SCT makes one for the Impala now. Its a much better tuner.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

what year is your impss
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

The Diablo doesnt work for 08 gxp does it?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

no they dont and they cant do anything with the tcm either
Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I mainly wanted it for the trans diablo does not support the trans or I would of got it now I took a day off and they send me to voice mail bull ****
Old 03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Teching In

I won't say nothin bout there product I have true cold air intake (by the way thanks centex for that) and the other mods listed above and now I can keep up with my buddies stock 2010 camaro ss so all the mods are working good its just the surging and the fact that if u need something done from superchips it has to be on their time our time don't matter to them I have finally got a chance to call them today and for the last hour and a half the just send me to voicemail its total b.s. I have a lot of friends with ls motors in cars and trucks and they have noticed the difference in the car they were gonna look into one also but after seeing the customer service problem and the website problems they are turned away from it the reason I got it was it supported the trans. Its the only programmer that does besides hp and I didn't want to get the hp due to having to have it custom tuned I just wanted plug and play that supports the trans I'm not modding my car no more I just wanted a mid to low 13 car that can carry my 3 kids comfortably and get 28mpg that's all I anted which I have achieved that just the surging problem is all that stands in the way of my happiness and unfortunatly dealing with superchips that's a huge problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: superchips cortex 2950 problems