Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can change it, it would just sound weird when dod kicks in
Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haulin_Ls4_GxP
Are you Fu@c$ing retarded? Not sure what vette you are hearing but you might wanna get your ears checked buddy.
yup buddy of mine has a 06 vette with the stock exhaust and it sounds GAYYYYY

a ******* chevette has a louder exhaust note the vette just sounds like a queef
Old 06-07-2011, 06:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My flowmasters are not raspy at all. They sounds awesome and I get compliments all the time. Spend the extra money and go with the sure thing. Rasp can come from a resonator delete or cheap / improperly welded tips. Ensure there is a complete bead around the tips and you should be fine.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrhartman
I had flowmaster super 44s on my GXP and it wasn't raspy at all.....and the original poster already said that he heard the setup in person so he knows what it will sound like....all he simply asked was if he should buy the flowmasters or get the other brand the shop says is the same thing....I personally say get the flowmasters that way there are no surprises...
Thank you. This is basically what I was going to say. Mine isn't raspy at all either.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have DoD enabled and my 3" DavidGXP setup with Spintech's doesn't sound nearly as bad in 4-banger mode as before (no mufflers, Magnaflows, etc.).

The DoD noise depends a lot on the catback system and mufflers.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Man wth I just don't know what to do you guts are killing me. If I would've gotten a f..king 4 banged I wouldn't be going thru this. All I want is for my car to sound like a v8. Smfh
Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Str8BlkSS
Well guys I'm now on a journey to improve the sound of my car after hearing a certain members Red Monte Carlo SS @ the Michigan meet & greet. His car sounds amazing and now I know what to go for and what a v8 should sound like lol. He has flowmaster 40 Idk if they were just the original or the supers. But anyway all this morning I called local muffler shops and they told me they have flowmasters but they also have vx mufflers, which were the same thing as flowmasters just without the name cause that's all I'm paying for.

The Vx Series Mufflers are Made by: AP Exhaust Products and they have been in business since 1927. From what i was told they now own the Patent on the flowmaster 40 series muffler and are producing them but with the new name VX series! The Flowmaster 40 was the oldest and first muffler put out by Flowmaster, but there line has gone so far more advanced than the 40 series that they put the patent up for sale. This is just what i was told by our local Exhaust shop!

I had flowmaster super 44s on my GXP and it wasn't raspy at all.....and the original poster already said that he heard the setup in person so he knows what it will sound like....all he simply asked was if he should buy the flowmasters or get the other brand the shop says is the same thing....I personally say get the flowmasters that way there are no surprises...
Well, I dont know if AP bought the patent or not ,but I have seen a orginal 40 and a VX both cut open and they look to be the same to me.I dont know about the super 44s, I think they are just a larger case version.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the Flowmaster 40's original series and i must say they were good mufflers. I received compliments all the time. It wasnt raspy at all but the DoD did kill me at times and it still kills me now that i've chopped the mufflers and resonator off. But go with the VX if you want to save money. If it's the same muffler why pay 50 more dollars for a name?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
yup buddy of mine has a 06 vette with the stock exhaust and it sounds GAYYYYY

a ******* chevette has a louder exhaust note the vette just sounds like a queef

So the res delete is what leads to the rasp? I've been considering an exhaust as my first mod since I discovered that the strange *** buzzing noise I hear @ idle is due to the last owner of my car drilling holes in the mufflers
Old 12-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Str8BlkSS
Well guys I'm now on a journey to improve the sound of my car after hearing a certain members Red Monte Carlo SS @ the Michigan meet & greet. His car sounds amazing and now I know what to go for and what a v8 should sound like lol. He has flowmaster 40 Idk if they were just the original or the supers. But anyway all this morning I called local muffler shops and they told me they have flowmasters but they also have vx mufflers, which were the same thing as flowmasters just without the name cause that's all I'm paying for.

The Vx Series Mufflers are Made by: AP Exhaust Products and they have been in business since 1927. From what i was told they now own the Patent on the flowmaster 40 series muffler and are producing them but with the new name VX series! The Flowmaster 40 was the oldest and first muffler put out by Flowmaster, but there line has gone so far more advanced than the 40 series that they put the patent up for sale. This is just what i was told by our local Exhaust shop!

Quick Reply: VX Mufflers vs. Flowmasters