LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

SAFE mods that doen't void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAFE mods that doen't void warranty?

I have been through this forum a few times, and everyone has different recommendations for mods. my car has 46,000 miles on it and is an '08. i have warranty until April '13.
what mods can i do without voiding my warranty? one person said i should do shift kit and trans cooler, but wouldn't that void my warranty? i can't imagine the dealership being too happy if i brought the car to them with tranny problems and they found shift kit parts in it.
i want to do the k&n or cai intake, would that be a warranty issue too? what about a hogan dp with the cat? and i'm quite sure a tune would be an issue, unless i put the original tune back on the car before i took it in?
any help is greatly appreciated! this is the first time in a LONG time i've owned a car with a warranty, and i don't want to throw it away!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well they would have to prove that the modification done was what caused the failure to occur to void the warranty. with that being said i would only go with bolt on stuff that can be taken off and put back to stock in a reasonable amount of time. some dealerships are more laid back than others, but if youre worried about having a warranty issue its better to be safe than sorry.