LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

torque management kills us

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rm08gxp
Thanks for the info, I will stick with a mild tune for TM and look to replace the diff when tranny goes boom! As far as track number's go, I should work on my launch to prevent massive wheel spin obviously because if anti-score kicks in, any result in having a good et is over.
If you wanted to blow the tires off the car at a stand still (e brake) should you lightly throttle into the burnout and keep the rpm's low? or is there any other way to make sure both wheels stay equal to prevent looking like a dumb ***?
I've never had a problem with anti score unless I am turning a corner and give it hell. I might suspect it to be faulty if you cant even do a normal burnout with it kicking in. Idk just a thought
Old 12-11-2011, 04:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I reduced my tranny TM by -75%... boosted line pressure by +30%... decreased the shift time so it shifts quicker... and disabled the Abuse Mode and downshift TM completely... and boosted the downshift line pressure by +10%, and it still doesn't seem to shift THAT hard... it's nice and firm, like it should be...

no issues...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

tuning wont make the shifts better without a shift kit and adding another steel in the 2nd clutch pack.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I reduced my tranny TM by -75%... boosted line pressure by +30%... decreased the shift time so it shifts quicker... and disabled the Abuse Mode and downshift TM completely... and boosted the downshift line pressure by +10%, and it still doesn't seem to shift THAT hard... it's nice and firm, like it should be...

no issues...

Thanks for the Specs, Im going to install a shift kit and a cooler this winter as she sits in the garage. most likely a dry 100 shot as well, dr's if im lucky. Then its off to a tune in the spring and I will most likely then grenade the tranny and look to do some mechanichal upgrades!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
tuning wont make the shifts better without a shift kit and adding another steel in the 2nd clutch pack.
Ive read somewhere here not to do both the shift kit and raise line pressures?
False?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

doing both is helpful
adding the transgo shitkit, sonnax pressure valve, an extra steel in the 2nd clutch, and a spacer plate with the proper sized holes will make a world of difference. tuning is a must!

Quick Reply: torque management kills us