LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2006 Impala SS, New an need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Impala SS, New an need help

I have a 06 Impala SS with a few upgrades and looking for more,
I have on it now a Cold Air intake, Ram air hood, Magnaflow Exhaust mufflers and a Superchips Flashpaq.
I have a Trans. Cooler, and tower bars coming in.
An debating on flipping my upper motor mount or getting a poly mount? what do you's think on that, an with that getting a shorter dogbone or staying with the stock one?
A question on the U-bend of the exhaust either delete it and put it straight?
For a shifter kit witch one would be the best the transgo or the trasher? where to get an the part #?
I have a ridge in one of my lifters thats gonna have to get changed or fixed, I rather go with just getting new springs an lifters witch would be the best an where to buy and part #?
Any other Mods that anyone wants to share with me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 AM

How do you like the superchips flashpaq?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hogan full down pipe i belive gets ride of the little bit of the bend we have. the "U" bend is no where as extreme as the old SC3.8 cars. Try flipping the mount first see what you think.. It's free after all, and you can always return it to the stock rotation if you dont like it. DR strut tower braces front and rear.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

I have a trango shift kit and would recommend it! Go to tripleedgeperformance.com and get one there.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

have u thought about the one from zzp, I'm in the market for a shift kit too but dont know which one to go with, zzp is the cheapest by far
Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Teching In

The Flashpaq is awesome, shifting is amazing! launches soon as you hit the peddle.
With the motor mount thats what ill do first is just flip it an take it from there.
Who makes the DR strut tower bars?
i read in the forums before on both of those shifter kits, i dont know witch one to go with thats why im looking for some feed back on both,
Thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Stay away from ZZP for the LS4 cars. They know nothing about them.

The Transgo shift kit is used by the guys who know our transmissions and build them for a living. Go with a Transgo shift kit.

For tuning, I'd sell the FlashPaq and pick up a DiabloSport Trinity. Then contact Lew "06MonteSS" and have him make a custom tune for your car. It's far better than any canned tune you'll get from an off the shelf programmer.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://drcustomparts.com/HomePage.htm
http://www.hoganperformance.com/WBodyGM.htm
Old 06-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Stay away from ZZP for the LS4 cars. They know nothing about them.

The Transgo shift kit is used by the guys who know our transmissions and build them for a living. Go with a Transgo shift kit.

For tuning, I'd sell the FlashPaq and pick up a DiabloSport Trinity. Then contact Lew "06MonteSS" and have him make a custom tune for your car. It's far better than any canned tune you'll get from an off the shelf programmer.
Awesome, where can this kit be found?
And How long can i go without the tune?
thanks
Panther thanks for the site links
Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackedImpala
Awesome, where can this kit be found?
And How long can i go without the tune?
thanks
Panther thanks for the site links

Call Dave at Triple Edge Performance

www.tripleedgeperformance.com
Old 06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Question on getting the DiabloSport Trinity an the custom tune, cant i do this with the flashpaq it has the usb plug and if i have problems with my 91 tune it has now im able to email the staff at superchips an they build a whole new tune for my car, so maybe emailing them an just ask to get a custom tune? if so what would that custom tune be after with the shift kit installed?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Question on getting the DiabloSport Trinity an the custom tune, cant i do this with the flashpaq it has the usb plug and if i have problems with my 91 tune it has now im able to email the staff at superchips an they build a whole new tune for my car, so maybe emailing them an just ask to get a custom tune? if so what would that custom tune be after with the shift kit installed?
There are a few issues, here.

First off, in order to get a custom tune, you'd need to log data to provide to the person doing your custom tune. The Superchips box doesn't support data logging, to my knowledge, so you'd need another device (AutoTap, Trinity, etc.) to log data.

Secondly, the Superchips unit doesn't support (to my knowledge) any export of your stock tune, which is required as the basis of your custom tune. There is no custom tune without the tuner having your stock tune.

Third, I'm not aware of any commercially available tuner software by which a tune-guru would be able to alter a stock tune.

Now, if anyone has information to the contrary, please post it, and I'll stand corrected.

Superchips MAY have the ability to send you a modified canned tune, but without data logging, it's not really a custom tune.

The DiabloSport hardware is superior because it has the features listed above, so a guy like Lew can build you a tune that will be optimized to YOUR car.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Teching In

I dont know about it logging but before it puts the tune into the computer it saves all my stock files into a area in the flashpaq, an im able to look at all the file numbers on it when it plugged in, is this what you mean by logging the stock info?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know about it logging but before it puts the tune into the computer it saves all my stock files into a area in the flashpaq, an im able to look at all the file numbers on it when it plugged in, is this what you mean by logging the stock info?
It saves your stock files on the FlashPaq so it can restore them later if/when you decide to put the car back to stock tune. It also makes it so you can only tune one vehicle at a time.

The function of saving your stock tune has nothing to do with data logging, which has nothing to do with your your custom tune, per se. Data logging is when you monitor various vehicle sensors while it's being driven, and save the results as a log file. This allows a tuner to review your log file, looking at things like fuel trim, knock retard, RPMs, etc., so they can make adjustments according to your vehicle's needs.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Awesome explanation, The trinity how much does that go for?
Old 06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

I think Lew offers a package that includes a custom tune and a Trinity. Not sure what the current price is, but contact 06MonteSS on this site or www.gmls4.com and he can hook you up with the deal.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Didnt want to start a new thread but does anyone know the lenght x width of a Impala driver window? not around my car to check myself. Thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is also a shift kit right now for sale in the classified section.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

nope, you can't get custom tuning done for superchips, they don't have that ability like the diablo products do

they're not going to go through data logs you record (if you can even record data logs with their programmer?) and fine tune a custom tune for your specific vehicle... they don't do custom tuning for people... if you have an issue with your car because of their tune, yeah they'll create you a fixed tune to resolve the issue, but it's not a complete custom tune made for your vehicle... they don't do that...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deal.html

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: 2006 Impala SS, New an need help