LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Catless DP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Catless DP?

The question I have is with running a catless DP and getting the car through emissions. Now I've seen that there are a few things you can do here. Turn the O2 off and tie it up out of the way, turn it off and have it in a bung on the pipe to keep it out of the way, or have it in the pipe and turned on. Things I see issues with is if you turn the O2 off won't the emissions computer sense this basically as being bad or dead, just not throwing a code? And if it's on and there's no cat, wouldn't it jack up the tune? On the earlier cars some p,aces had an O2 simulator that plugged in the spot of the O2 and looped info back as if it were there and all good. But did not directly effect the tune of the vehicle. Is there something like this that is available for these cars? What are your solutions, short if swapping DP's, when you need to roll the car though for testing. There is no visual inspection here, just reads off the OBD port.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Interested. I know if you turn them off emissions will say they can't read them and won't pass you. I going to go with a hi flow with my DT headers and probably use some non-foulers as I did with my hemi and it got rid of code.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

So no one here has info on any this stuff?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I cant find the page I was looking for but this is close.
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/O2bypass.html
The page I’ve seen before used just a resister and left the o2 sensor in the exhaust.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats a good start, now just gotta see if anyone has done it and tried to roll the car through a testing station.