LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DiabloSport Predator u7191

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DiabloSport Predator u7191

Hi. I just purchased a new diablosport predator u7191 for my 2005 grand prix gxp. I was told by the local performance shop that I purchased it from that it would support this vehicle. I plugged it in and it has recognized my car and I was able to install the factory hp tune. After doing this I was not able to adjust any of the things he told me I would be able to. I am just wondering if this programer actually supports my car, and if so does any one know where I can get a custom tune made?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

The U7191 doesn't really work on the 2005's from what I've found, you'll be able to get just about as far as you have now. Your best bet is to return that thing and get HPTuners or a Diablo Trinity. Both offer 2005 support.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the "factory hp tune" is only a copy of your stock original GM tune... it is not a diablo performance tune... so basically all you did was install a copy of your original GM tune back to the car...

the 05's are generally not supported by the predator... but some get lucky... (the Trinity does support it)

you did get the usb/serial cable and power adapter for the predator right - so that you can connect it to your PC in order to update it, download tune files, datalogs, etc??? if not, then that's the first thing you need to do - is to get that pc interface kit.. part number U7778 from marylandspeed.com..

so, what you need to do now is - restore original backup to your car, and then update the predator to the last revision update, 9r03... then try it again and see if your car is recognized and supported...

if not, then you can take your car to your dealer to have them update the ecm with the latest GM updates - which will give you newer updated engine calibration ID's, and then you may have better luck with the predator recognizing your car and supporting it...

if that still doesn't work, you can post up on the diablo predator gm gas forum and ask them about adding support for your engine calibration id to the predator... but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one... the 7191 predator's are done, not getting new functionality updates...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-07-2011, 07:51 PM

thank you for the reply's. Just wondering what would you reccomend for an HPtuner?

Quick Reply: DiabloSport Predator u7191