LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Got a body work estimate today.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a body work estimate today.

So everytime I wash my car, the amount of scratches and roadrash get to me. Most of it was there when I got the car, which I didn't mind, with the great price I got it for, and of course since it had high miles, that was expected. But recently, I tried compounding my front end, and the stuff dried and stuck in all my holes, so its speckled white everywhere. I found a place that does some amazing body work and figured I would go get an estimate for everything thats wrong with my paint.

The first estimate was for a complete bodywork paint correction from ultragloss.biz. I have a lot of fine, and a few deep scratches all over, and a crap ton of road rash on the front. To take care of that I am looking at 300$ which includes a front end squeegy paint deal that fills in all the holes, and wet sanding and touch up wherever else needed along the car, along with a proffessional detail.

Then they gave me an estimate on a large deep scratch, (looks someone backed into a concrete divider) on my right rear lower spoiler and complete front paint on my front bumper for 400$. My front bumper needs some plastic weld in a few spots, and it is beat up quite a bit with a few good gouges, and the holes from my license plate, along with some good wear lines that show where the license plate used to sit.

For a total of 800$ with tax included, I don't think its too bad. The work I have seen from their pics is absolutely amazing, and I honestly don't think they could make the car any worse. Sure some of my pics make my car look almost perfect, but it is far from it. So I think I will probably save up over winter, then as soon as spring hits next year, I am going to go for it. Then hopefully I should have enough later in the year to get a winter beater and park it the following winter.

Anyone else care to share any of their paint imperfection, or body work stories?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not too bad for a full touch up, detail, and bumper paint
Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My 2000 Monte has 1 small paint chip on the hood, and one on the roof. There's 1 scratch on the passenger side bottom where the "Monte Carlo" script is located.

My 2007 is virtually flawless , it's garage kept with only 4600 miles. It has one spot in the corner of the front ground effect that was there when I took delivery of it. Rather than have it repainted, I decided to let it stay. It's virtually un-noticeable.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like a good deal, a friends shop here that does good work quoted me 200 to repaint my front bumper
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

That's about the same price a place around here estimated me.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Teching In

i feel your pain. i too will be doing the same as you in the next year or so. ive got so many little scratches and dings (especially in the front), and a large gouge out of the top of the rear bumper that somebody who owned the car before me tryed covering up with touchup paint, but now it looks like **** (looks like they failed at loading the trunk)... but 800 doesn't sound too bad for your estimate. I hope it all turns out well for you.