LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Where should i put the cutout?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my cars exhaust is stock except i replaced the factory mufflers with dynomax VT mufflers since the factory ones rusted out i still have a cat and resinator so if i keep my cat and remove the resinator it should sound good?
Old 02-19-2012, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by higsy
I put mine right where the pipe splits to go to both mufflers. Faces straight out the back in the middle of the car and is damn loud. Don't lose any height with the exhaust either.

Was alot of work grinding to fit but it was worth it.

so did you mount it on the drivers side pipe before the muffler after the "Y" pipe?
Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Ok well i ordered my electric DMH 2.5" cutout today with wireless remote, just curious what you guys have noticed for exhaust fumes in-car if any? im thinking about placing it right before the Y like Impss07 but will have to look see how it looks after the Y in the middle like higsy. anyone have a picture like higsy mounted his? next thing do you think i will need to make a turn down on the exit side of the cutout ? would that help with any resonance or drone? be less likely for exhaust gasses to get in car? thanks guys! i cant wait to get the cutout but wont be till mid next week due to out of parts
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ghetto joe
Ok well i ordered my electric DMH 2.5" cutout today with wireless remote, just curious what you guys have noticed for exhaust fumes in-car if any? im thinking about placing it right before the Y like Impss07 but will have to look see how it looks after the Y in the middle like higsy. anyone have a picture like higsy mounted his? next thing do you think i will need to make a turn down on the exit side of the cutout ? would that help with any resonance or drone? be less likely for exhaust gasses to get in car? thanks guys! i cant wait to get the cutout but wont be till mid next week due to out of parts
Since your not always going to have the cut out open, I wouldn't worry about exhaust smell in the car. Plus when you do have it open you will be moving so the air under the car will help move the exhaust gasses.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got your pm ghetto, sorry didn't see your question from before. I don't get any exhaust smell much at all because its so far back. Its not mounted on either pipe after the y its in the middle facing straight back. A custom race exhaust shop did it and cost about $120 to put in, but they did an amazing job. They used a die grinder to shape the cutout till it fit snug against the y ,then traced it on the pipe cut it and welded it on. I wired it up to a switch inside my console and mounted the turndown. I leave it open 80% of the time.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Teching In

i know this is a dumb question but do u have the part number for summit becus i want to try and buy it as well since it sounds oh soo beautiful hahhaha
Old 05-24-2012, 11:45 PM

what kinda cut out did u get guy buy for summit cuz on that pic it looks like the magnaflow

Quick Reply: Where should i put the cutout?