LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New GXP owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BluegreengxpV8
haulin..do I want the shorty pipe? I looked on there and found this one. http://www.hoganperformance.com/DP7S.htm

The stock cat is a high flow cat you would be wasting your money on that DP. The one I have all you would need to do to keep the cat it cut the pipe off just befor the cat and weld this DP on. If you don't want a cat just make an extetion pipe with a flange on it to connect to the rest of the exhaust.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:38 AM
Teching In

hey I have a question on my HUD. so its on but its wayy too high, i was smacking the top dash and it went down to eye-level, and i could see it very clear. but whenever i hit my gas and start moving forward it goes back up. anyone know whats up w that?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey I have a question on my HUD. so its on but its wayy too high, i was smacking the top dash and it went down to eye-level, and i could see it very clear. but whenever i hit my gas and start moving forward it goes back up. anyone know whats up w that?
The only thing I can think of is somethign is loose in the HUD thats making it move up and down. Does the dial work on your console? To make it go up and down. Sounds like the little cogs that make it go up and down something is not working.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Hello all, new proud owner of a 2005 Blue Green Crystal Grand Prix GXP. Bought it almost a month ago for $8,000. It had a little over 82,000miles on it.

I really didn't want an 05 because of no chrome interior accents, an 07 would have been my first choice. But the low price and it being for sale right around the corner from me, had to pick it up.

Runs excellent, has a new transmission. Only complaints :

1. ABS/Traction lights are on, some kind of error on the display
2. HUD doesn't work

Unfortunately, there was a hale storm recently (I live in Ohio), and my car got dinged up pretty good. So it's at a dealer/body shop being fixed. I have a 2010 Dodge Caliber SXT as a loaner. The pain of driving this car is too much compared to driving in my GP GXP. It was a choice of a Caliber or Kia.

Heres a few pics of my new car and old car. This is my second car.

I'm thinking of modding it soon. Nothing major. IDK how long I'll keep it. Couple YR's.

- Trans cooler
- Electric Cut out - do i need one or dual? and electric meaning two settings, 0 and 100. Or 0 and anything inbetween 100, like 5% or 70%?
- Downpipe
- Shift Kit " http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=570&catid=105 " or " http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-000037937.htm " - which one is best? or are they the same?
- CAI

Please help. Thanks guys, and there's some very nice cars on here. I'm jealous.
hymm, I am also from ohio, have a black gxp, and my old car / winter car is a black gagt.....small world
Old 11-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Teching In

ha ya. where at in ohio. and im not sure Z. everything seems to work on the HUD, it displays bright green, stealth mode n everything works. must just be loose or something, it's annoying. but oh well
Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Launching!

cleveland