LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Camber Bolts Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding is the advantage is getting the Camber out of the rear wheels which will help the tires wear more evenly.

Negative Camber helps the car corner better, but the combination of the negative camber and the large amount of toe in that these cars run causes the inside of the tires to scrub and wear prematurely.

The dealer wants to slot the struts so that they can gain more adjustment but I am going to try the bolts first, they are cheaper and I already have them.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good call
Old 10-06-2011, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bryan921SS is right about the rear wheel wear.

I'm not stock, so that's I'm running them on all fours.

As for the alignment, the shop would have to install them before performing the alignment. The proper alignment would be achieved with the bolts in place.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Teching In

On these vehicles, with stock setups, I've always just removed the lower strut bolt and put it in a grinder for like 30 seconds to shave off the metal between the head of the bolt and the threads. Which, 90% of the time, provided enough adjustment to get the camber perfectly in manufacturers specs.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigalnash
whats the advantage of using chamber bolts if your stock? and can u just ask the shop to put them on after an alignment?.
IMO if you take it to a shop they will tell you 1 or 2 things:

1- There is no adjustment from the factory, sorry. Meaning they don't wanna **** with it.

2- They are goin to have to removed the strut from the car to notch it. Meaning if you want us to do it, were gonna stick it in your *** on labor.

Again, all IMO

Quick Reply: Camber Bolts Question