LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tranny acts up when its cold?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011 | 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Default Tranny acts up when its cold?

Hello,

i have been experiencing this for about a year and a half and i notice it getting worst.. When the tranny is cold, like the first start of the morning, it acts wierd. It will sometimes be jumpy, shift early, sometimes lag into a shift, etc. In about 3 mins, it will then run perfectly fine...

Anybody else experience this? B/c of this issue, i do give the car 1-2 mins to warm up even on the hot summer days and it still does it. Im not a start the car and go kind of guy.. I have an 07 IMpala ss
Old 09-11-2011 | 03:52 PM
Teching In

i notice mine shifts wierd too until the engine warms up, my 2000 chevy pickup was even worse when it was cold engine driving to work in the morning , 1 time itook the truck to dealer to be looked at for that specific reason and acourse couldn, t find anything wrong with it took it to another dealer and they said that is common no fix to it, i got rid of the truck 6 months latercause of that and all the other stuff that went out on a 30,000 mile truck . here is my question when they are testing these vehicals before they put them in production these things never happen or do they and they just think oh no big deal customer can leave with shitty shifting till the engine is warm . and that is why this will be the last gm vehical i ever own .
Old 09-11-2011 | 08:36 PM
On The Tree

yea its drives me nuts.. I also have a 2008 Chevy 2500 Express Van that has 6.0L engine and it does the same damn thing.. I was born a GM guy so i will always be a GM guy but i think GM fails badly in there Trannys and Brakes. Both in my impy ss and my chevy van, the tranny acts up when cold and the brakes warp so easy.
Old 09-11-2011 | 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mine makes all kinds of weird *** noises when its cold.... i dont even give a **** any more. the car is a piece of ****.