LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Breather fitting on intake elbow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breather fitting on intake elbow?

Does anyone know where I can get an original PCV fitting that goes into the intake elbow? It's not shown as part of the OE accordion tube or on the PCV tube itself. I don't want to start ordering random parts to find out which it is attached to, tried the stealership but they couldn't even find it. Anyone know if it has it's own p/n or if it's part of the accordion tube assembly?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the tube that connects to the intake hose between the MAF and throttle body? that's the crankcase vent breather tube...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

So then the nipple is part of that, I don't remember it being molded on when I took it out of the accordion tube. Would rather not buy that entire piece to get the insert
Old 10-18-2011, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I had misread your post originally.. the molded part I was talking about is the part on the intake hose where that fitting goes into it... I didn't realize you were talking about that actual plastic fitting piece that the breather tube clicks on to...

I looked around GM parts places too, and I couldn't find that fitting insert either...

what'cha do with the one you took out???? heheh...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Er no not the tube the fitting it connects to on the elbow. Call it the male end that latches to the quick release
Old 10-18-2011, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Yeah that! I didn't want to try and remove it from the k&n elbow was not confident enough to do it without damaging the grommet or scrapping the polyethylene tube. Maybe I can get the guy to send me back his. I looked at all kinds of diagrams doesn't look like it is sold with the original accordion or the crankcase vent tube. Idk I may just get some 3/8 tubing and run my own line I'll probably have to anyways if I run a catch can.

Ironically I ended up buying that same piece of 45 degree silicone elbow that you did a while back which is why I need a fitting and grommet now. Are you still running that setup? The tube is relatively strong by I'm a little worried about it flexing @ wot and pinching the elbow. What did you end up doing with the tcm/ECM? Thinking about making a custom bracket.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

no... I actually bought cold air inductions newer model CAI box for our cars a couple years ago, and it comes with a whole new silicone intake hose, that has the piece molded into it like the stock hose does... so I just pulled out that fitting from my other setup and pushed it right into the new intake hose...

it was tight getting it out, so I used a pair of pliers to turn/twist it around as I pulled it out, and it came right out...

and with that new CAI box, the ecm and tcm now fit right inside it on the bottom of it, since the new box goes all the way down to the bottom now...

Old 10-18-2011, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I like their systems just not the price tag, you did run that 45 degree silicone for a while though didn't you? How did that turn out? I've been doing some logging and the flow rates aren't any different than the K&N system and the angle is smaller. Just concerned about flex is all, I can make a heat shield no problem.

Quick Reply: Breather fitting on intake elbow?